Default Gateway in Network Tab

Discussion in 'General' started by jreynard, Dec 22, 2008.

1. jreynard

I'm having a small issue. Whenever the power goes out, my elastix server reboots. When it comes back up, the default gateway in the network tab disappears. Causes it not to reconnect with the SIP servers and calls can no longer be received or made.

It runs great otherwise.

Any way of making the default gateway permanent?

Thanks for any help. :)

2. Bob

Bob

jreynard,

It should remain there once you put it in. The only thing I can recall that causes it to disappear is if you go in and change the IP address of the Elastix box via the GUI.

I have never come across your issue on many boxes that we have built
    Do you have two NIC cards in the box?
    Have you ever manually changed the ETH0 file in Linux??
    What is you internal IP address of your ELastix box and What is your internal Gateway address?? (Don't post any public addresses!)

Regards

Bob

3. jreynard

I'm not sure why it's disappearing. I've used the Elastix front end to put it back and also have done it through the console netconfig command. Either way, on next reboot it disappears.

Could just write-protecting a certain file fix this?

I only have one NIC. I've manually set the Elastix server as 192.168.1.200 and the router is 192.168.1.1 (which I set as the default gateway). There are no IP conflicts as everything is manually set on the network (it's only the elastix box and one other computer).