dedicated to voicemail?

Discussion in 'General' started by scristopher, Mar 10, 2011.

1. scristopher

hello I am wondering if there is a way to make a box completly dedicated to voicemail only,
    say when a call comes in and is not answered by a box it is sent to another box that is strictly for voicemail, and has a webportal that I could log into to check the voicemails.
    If anyone has any info at all I would greatly appreciate it so much, Any ideas or suggestions whatsoever
    I'm desperate....

2. fmvillares

asterisk with the correct programming could do anything you want..

3. dicko

Does not the Asterisk Recording interface at

https://<your_ip>/recordings

do all that already?

4. scristopher

yes that does work but i only want to use the box for voicemail no phones configured what i need to be able to do is have one main number I have the ability to route the call from one box differently -- say someone calls me and i dont answer it will ring the voicemail number (calling as my number like it is forwarded) which is on a different box that only has voicemail -- based on which number is calling it will goto a specific mailbox box.
    possibly just could set that in incoming routes?
    Im sorry if I am unclear I am having a hard time explaining what i need to do

--another example--
    say i have phone numbers 330-666-6667 + 330-666-6668 + 330-666-6669
    when I dont answer any of these numbers it needs to goto a different box
    when the box recieves the call It will see the number calling in 330-666-6666 (not the person calling)
    I have the ability to do this on my own
    so Im thinking I only need to setup a main number and an incoming route for that number
    that points directly to a voicemail box...
    would this solution be correct?