Debugging in the CLI

Discussion in 'General' started by rollinsolo, Dec 17, 2009.

1. rollinsolo

I have a customer that is having audio issues into a phone call and randomly. After a couple of minutes the other side of the conversation's audio drops off and my customer cannot hear anything yet the receiving end can hear them fine, 20-30 secs later they come back and can talk. Obviously this is annoying for both parties. I know how to set rtp debug ip and look at the packets, but how do you create a file and write the results to this new file so that I can read the whole thing, this happens randomly so I would have to have it running for a few hours, and go back to the instances the customers give me and filter those results. Thanks for all help, I always look in forums and Without Tears before posting to here.

2. dicko

The file is already created:

/var/log/asterisk/full

it will reflect everything (and sometimes more )of what you see on the CLI including a time-stamp.

the rtp packets should be nicely intertwined, one transmit follower by one receive, if not look at your firewall/router settings (on each end if appropriate) and suspect session/connection timeouts or re connections on the same port. buffer overruns or signs of congestion (enable QOS if you have it)

3. rollinsolo

Dicko once again thank you.