DE115E - Can it work without hacks?

Discussion in 'Gateways' started by Lee Sharp, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Lee Sharp

I am trying to config a OpenVox DE115E card with a US T1 interface. It detects out of the box, but does not work... (Shock!) My dahdi-channels.conf is of course off with "switchtype = euroisdn" and channels also off appropriately.

However, looking on the OpenVox site, I see install instructions that are a tad destructive. Not to mention that doing blind compiles with instructions missing steps and full of typos does not inspire confidence. I am also seeing posts that seem to infer that the only way to get some OpenVox hardware to work is to allow them to ssh in and muck about the system. (That ain't gonna happen)

So, does anyone have this card running in a way that is;
    1. Easily repeatable in a bare metal restore?
      Not so modified that upgrades will cause the system to blow up?
      Easy to document so that if I die in a car wreck, the next guy can know what I did?
      Able to be done without direct ssh from OpenVox?
      Working on a US T1?

Or should I try and send it back and just get a Sangoma A101E?

2. dicko

IMHO then yes, pay another 100 bucks, a sangoma or a rhino or a digium, whatever, they just work, (I wonder why ? )

Who needs cheap dysfunctional badly cloned crap ?, who has time for it? do what I have done . nuke em in your microwave and then send them back for a rebate. It will save you a whole bunch of time, and a whole bunch of arguments with our inept cloning friends.