Day / Night - my way

vmiro

Because Day/Night feature seams too confusing to me I tried do it my way. Actually, all I need is to dial an extension or a button (BLF) and switch between Day and Night mode, where Night mode means "redirect all incoming calls to some extension (doormen on duty) or IVR".

I can't do this with Day/Night feature in Elastix, as far as I understood this feature if I have 50 extensions I'll need 50 features codes (which is impossible, because it is supported only 10), one for each extension...which is kinda silly. I got DID for every extensions, so, for every DID in Inbound Routes I'll have to set destination to Day/Night switch associated with that DID/Extension :)...a little bit confusing right :)

Here is what I did:
I created a new Day/Night code in Elastix: *280
I set DAY and NIGHT destination to random extension because I won't need this, all I need is, when I press *280, Elastix to write in database DAY or NIGHT ("{DB(DAYNIGHT/C0)}" = "NIGHT"), because I need this record to know whether to redirect the call to doorman's extension or not.

Add following lines in extensions_custom.conf:

[app-daynight-custom]
exten => _6XX,1,GotoIf($["${DB(DAYNIGHT/C0)}" = "NIGHT"]?from-did-direct,111,1:from-pstn,${EXTEN},1)

Instead of 'from-pstn' as incoming context in /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf type 'app-daynight' for example:

; Span 1: B4/0/1 "B4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" RED
group=1,11
;context=from-pstn
context=app-daynight
switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = bri_cpe
channel => 1-2
context = default
group = 63

All incoming calls going through app-daynight (and app-daynight-custom) context to check is it a DAY or NIGHT. If the record in "DB(DAYNIGHT/C0)" is set to DAY, go to 'from-pstn' context, which is normal behaviour, if it's NIGHT then go to 111 extension.

This works perfectly, if you know any other solution, please post here... ;)

mIRO

fmvillares

why is day and night confusing.... is quite simple.....inbound to day night mode...day and night mode to the respective rules (ie. ivr in day, at night a message) and voila....

vmiro

fmvillares escribió:
why is day and night confusing.... is quite simple.....inbound to day night mode...day and night mode to the respective rules (ie. ivr in day, at night a message) and voila....
...yeah, that's ok if you have one inbound route directed to IVR, but if you have 50 extensions and 50 DIDs for them it's useless! Here is an example:

Every extension has it's own DID. It's possible to dial an extension 601 from outside dialing 333601, same for extension 602 dialing 333602, extension 620 dialing 333620...
I have inbound route for every DID pointing to appropriate extensions:
InboundRoute Destination
1. 333601 Extension:601
2. 333602 Extension:602
20. 333620 Extension:620

How to redirect all incoming calls to ONE extension on NIGHT ??

Ok, I will set day/night as destination for every InboudRoute, all 50, when Night mode is active all calls goes to one extension, when I switch to DAY everthing goes...where?? IVR?? Yes but then I'm losing my DID functionality!

mIRO

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti