Dashboard; pulling different ext in fax section?

Discussion in 'General' started by mlewis, Jul 8, 2009.

1. mlewis

Users are going to have two extensions. One will be for their voip, another will be for their faxing.

The dashboard only pulls in the users extension so the question is, is there a way of pulling a different one into the fax section.

We see two variables which seem to be related to what we're trying to do.
    Say that a user has ext 1555, we want to give that person a separate fax extension which would be 1555101, the 101 meaning it's a fax extension.

In the dashboard, for the fax section, we'd like to pull up extension 1555101, how can we do this?

The solution seems to be relate to either $faxRows or ($extension,$numRegs) nut not being programmers, not sure how to add the 101 into this.

Could someone help please, thanks very much.

Mike

2. mlewis

Come on now, I know someone here knows how simple this is, just need you to step up and help out :).

Mike

3. mlewis

>The solution seems to be relate to either $faxRows or >($extension,$numRegs) nut not being programmers, not
    >sure how to add the 101 into this.

We changed this around a little, just adding a 0 (zero) at the end of the users extension, this means it's a fax ext.

Also, seems I need to add that zero to $extension variable but, how?

For example, say $extension is 1212, and I want to call up extension 12120, how?