DAHDI

diego5diego

Hi guys ,last week i tried to make it works a PBX system whit SIP extensions and PSTN trunk lines based on elastix.

I use a biostar motherboard ,512 kingston ram , 80 gigas hard drive and a PCI daughter card tdm800p from Digium whit 2 fxo modules of a ports each one.

So i create extensions and everytings works fine when i call between the extensions or when i made calls to the outside.

But it was really hard make the trunks or the pstn lines works in order to receive phone calls and routed these calls to the extension that i setup to receive that calls.

I also download the dahdi files using the wget command , and also i compile and install the dahdi files but im really confused about which files edit and how i can dit that files.

Also the kind of trunk that im trying to make works are zap trunks.

The Elastix distribution that i used it was the last stable 32 bits able to download in the website.

I have many other questions that you guys maybe can give me some help to make everythings getting clear.

1 There is absolutely necesary download compile and install the dahdi files to make the trunk works or there is something that i can do to make it works , for example edit some specific files .

2 I should create one trunk for every pstn connected to the pci card.

3 i should create DID numbers (in Costa Rica we had 8 digits fixed and cell phone numbers )in the freepbx web page and assign that numbers to the specific port or trunk that belong in the pci card , so how can i do that

4 The system create by default one trunk and is identified as g0 , that is good ?

The next trunks should be named as g1 g2 ge etc ?

5 The message i have received when i try to call to any of the pstn lines is .Your call cannot be received at this time please try later , thats mean the pbx is catching the calls , why is not possible to route that calls to the extensions if i already have the route created.

6 Lets supposed is necessary download Dahdi , from where it will be better download that files , which version isthe most better or the most stable in order to do what i want to do , so there ar more files that i need download to make the trunks works, which versions are ? Once that files are downloaded , compiled and installed which procedures i need to follow ? Which files i have to edit ?

Can you give me some help please , i bought all that hardware for my company because my technical support person gave me that idea but we didnt make it works at all.

I need help , i hope ever explain everything as clear as possible , english is not my native language so i tried to do my best.

Please help me guys , i really need it.

Thanks

leevancleef

Hello Diego

There is no need to compile dahdi.
The best advice I can give you is to read Elastix without tears. It'a very well written document full of examples, and all your questions have their answers there.

Don't hesitate and do it!. It should not take you more tahn 2 hours to find out the answers you need and get a general idea of what elastix is about.

Regards

Siu

If you use Elastix 1.6 or 2.0, just do below steps

login root

1. dahdi_genconf
2. dahdi_cfg
3. reboot
then goto freepbx create IVR,and enable direct dail, then create inbound route select IVR.

diego5diego

Thank you so much , i ll apreciatte it.

I ll try tomorrow around the day .

There is any other considerations or something else that i have to do just in case the instructions above doesnt work ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achilont13