dahdi & zaptel issues?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lou1z, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Lou1z

hi,
    i had a zap trunk setup and working fine for incoming faxes with the context set as "context=from-zaptel"
    this worked fine and faxes worked great.
    i have since done a yum update from 1.3.2 to 1.5.2 and i understand that dahdi in use.
    now, i can't receive any faxes and it appears that the routing isn't working. yes, the trunk works and it goes through to the ivr (default inbound route) whereas before it went directly to the fax.
    dahdi.conf has 2 x context (from-pstn & default). is there any reason for that? would changing them to "from-zaptel" work?
    i have an iax2 extension setup (ext 3050) which is defined in the virtual fax section. if i call that internally, i don't get any answer either so i think there may be an issue there too.
    any ideas or pointers would be great. cheers.

2. Lou1z

on further digging, the iax2 extension does indeed work so it's a routing issue ie. the zaptel trunk isn't being forwarded to the iax2 extension (fax)
    does anybody have any idea on how to fix this?
    before i had a zap channel but the logs show the call coming from dahdi/1-1 rather than zap/1 and i don't think the documentation in elastix without tears ie configure zap channel context=from-zaptel will work anymore.

3. mattrh

i am having the same issue, when i pass a call to the outbound path it just jumps all the channels and doesn't go out. my wanpipe drivers can not find the t1 card....hmmm just going to restore back and try again later.