DAHDI can't make calls

Discussion in 'General' started by fdiogo, Jun 22, 2010.

1. fdiogo

Hi all!!!!

My Elastix was working fine until i made a "yum update" and FreePBx update to 2.8.0.

now i can't make outbound calls through DAHDI, but i receive well!!!

here is the error in /var/log/asterisk/full.log

[Jun 22 14:39:02] WARNING[5434] channel.c: No channel type registered for 'ZAP'
    [Jun 22 14:39:02] WARNING[5434] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of type 'ZAP' (cause 66 - Channel not implemented)

pbx*CLI> dahdi show channels
    Chan Extension Context Language MOH Interpret
    pseudo default default
    1 from-internal default
    2 from-internal default
    3 from-pstn default
    4 from-pstn default

The card is a Openvox A400 2xFXO/2xFXS

any ideas??

Diogo

2. relianz

hi there, i am sorry i dont have the answer for you , i am experiencing the same problem , and i wanted to know if you soughted it out

3. skiet

I also have this problem after the update. Have tried everything but still cannot resolve.

Incoming calls work fine.

4. skiet

go to your trunks and create a new DAHDI Trunk and remove the old ZAP Trunks. then set your outbound rule to use the new trunk

5. Patrick_elx

Yes, just create a new DAHDI trunk with the same setup than your previous ZAP trunk, then delete the ZAP trunk.

6. fdiogo

yeap!!!! it's working!!!! thanks guys!!!!

7. leevancleef

No joy here

I have an Openvox a400p with 2 fxo modules. After some hours testing new freePBX 2.8 this is what I have:

In order to achieve outgoing calls I had to setup 2 new dahdi trunks, but old zaptel configuration didn't work in these new ones.
    Previously as zap identifier I had 1 for the first channel and 2 for the second. This didn't work until I put g0 as dahdi identifier in both channels.

If I delete old zap channels, I loose incoming calls so I have to keep both old zaptel trunks and new dahdi ones in order to have incoming and outgoing calls.

Even with this layout the result is not 100% satisfactory, because calls coming from the 2nd trunk have a terrible noise, (I have fax detection on this one). Altough outgoing calls seems to go well through this 2nd trunk.

Does any of you have any clue?

Regards

8. leevancleef

Finally I solved my noise problems. It was just a bad connected dsl splitter, stupid me.

Regards