D-Link DPH-140S voice mail button

chrishopper

I have a D-Link DPH-140S SIP hard phone that I have successfully configured to work with Elastix. Voice quality is good, and so far the phone seems to be very stable.

I have a small problem though. There is a voice mail light that comes on when there is a message on the Elastix server for the extension. The light does indeed flash when voice mail is waiting. So far so good.

Next to the voice mail light is a button that is supposed to connect you to the voice mail system. When I push the button, no connection is made to Comedian Mail. The button does not work.

I did a packet trace with WireShark. The problem seems to be a SIP INVITE packet sent by the phone to Elastix. The Elastix server IP address is 192.168.131.15. Here is the packet summary.

Request-Line: INVITE sip:asterisk@192.168.131.15:5060 SIP/2.0

Elastix does not seem to know what to do with the requested connection to asterisk@192.168.131.15. I have looked in the management UI for the DPH-140S and there is no way for me to change the behavior of the button. So the change has to be on the Elastix side.

Does anyone know how to modify Elastix so it will accept the connection to asterisk@192.168.131.15. Ideally the phone should connect to the Comedian Mail voice mail box for the extension, and then Comedian Mail should prompt for the voice mail box password.

I have attaced a screen shot of the fully decoded packet for your reference.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/SIP_INVITE.zip

A.G.A.

i think you've gone too complicated :)
just set in your sip_general_custom.conf parameter vmexten=*97
your phone will receive it by sip-info messages.
then, at console prompt, type SIP RELOAD
then SIP SHOW PEER extnum
and check the value of vmexten of your device.
should be *97

--
sorry for my english :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr