cyrus "POP3" "email id format "

rajesh

Hi,
Elastix PBX works great, just that i am facing a problem with the email creation format of elastix, we can send/receive & access our mail via built in IMAP clients. Where i am getting stuck is with the POP3 access requirement for certain email ids.

By default email id is create in the format username.abc.com@example.com(Which i think is pulled from /html/configs/email.conf.php (define("SASL_DOMAIN","example.com")) i dont understand the purpose of it. I have tried playing with the imapd.conf & the email_accounts/index.php file and nothings seems to work as needed for the accessing the emails via POP3, reason understood so far is elastix creates the entry in sasldb2 in the format username.domainname.com@example.com. TELNETTing on port 110 and logging with the user username.domainame.com works, but username@domainname.com does not.

I am pasting my imapd.conf file below & part of the code that instructs cyrus to create the email id in the format describe above from email_accounts/index.php.

The only possible solution we have reached for our problem is creating the name@domainname.com via the shell and making the pop3 possible for those email ids but then managing it via elastix is not possible. Any help from you guys will be great --- Thanks in advance.

configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/imap
admins: cyrus
autocreatequota: 10000
createonpost: yes
allowplaintext: yes
sieveusehomedir: false
sievedir: /var/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
tls_cert_file: /var/imap/smtpd.crt
tls_key_file: /var/imap/smtpd.key
tls_ca_file: /var/imap/ca-cert.pem
unixhierarchysep: yes
autocreateinboxfolders: spam
autosubscribeinboxfolders: spam
anysievefolder: yes
altnamespace: 1
allowapop: 1 -----> this is a small addition by me.
servername: example.com
loginrealms: example.com -----> this is a small addition by me.
defaultdomain: example.com

$username=$_POST['address'].'.'[/color].$domain_name;
$arrAccount=$pEmail->getAccount($username);

Regards
Rajesh Yadav

ramoncio

At the Elastix main web interface, Email menu, first you create the domains, then you create the accounts for each domain.
example.com is the default one, but you can create as many domains as you want.

rajesh

With standard setup elastix + email works perfect and i have followed the steps mentioned by you. What i am looking for is POP3 access. Since the email id is create in cyrus/sasldb2 in the format username.xxx.com pop3 is not working. pop3 clients require username@xxx.com format. how do we achieve the same.

ramoncio

Sorry, I don't know the cyrus password.
I've asked for it a couple of times in the past without success, but then this forum wasn't very good. I'll try to ask again.
I want to try the cyrus webmin module, it looks nice, but I also need the cyrus pass.

rajesh

hi
Cyrus default password is palosanto, you can change the same by editing the following file /var/www/html/configs/email.conf.php, once you change you will have to add the user "sasldb2 -c cyrus -u localhost" and give the new password.

I hope this helps

ramoncio

Nice, with this pass I've finally been able to install webmin cyrus module, from here http://www.tecchio.net/webmin/cyrus/cyr ... 6.8.wbm.gz

First I had to install this for dependencies:

pear channel-update pear.php.net
pear upgrade-all
perl -MCPAN -e 'install Tree::Simple'

cheeks

ramoncio i hope you can help

i'm new to elastix but my system is running and i only have a problem with the pop3/smtp mail server.

i already have a pop3 linux centos mail server that collects my email from my isp mailbox. all i need to understand is how to interface the elastix webmail system to my centos mail server for pop3 and smtp. do i install and activate the cyrus mail server in elastix or not?

any help greatly appreciated :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr