Customizing Elastix - User Management

Kleber

Hi there,
I've been working with Elastix lately, but I need to do a customization in it.

Each Elastix's users I can control the access level for the screen.
For example, when I go into System-> User Management I have a couple of screen options, where I can add users to the right levels of screens. For example:

System Info
Network
Network Parameters
etc

I would like to make a user control more specific, for example. A user can access the PBX Configuration screen, where I created a sample extension 200. But in this screen, there are several levels within this same screen, for example:

Edit Extension
Extension Options
Device Options
Fax Handling
Privacy
Dictation Services
Recording Options
Voicemail & Directory

I created a new extension which it is 200
When you enter the option-PBX> Extension-> 200 (my example)
I would like the user X1 can access (get see) Edit Extension, Extension Device Options and Options only. The user Y1 can access Voicemail & Directory only, and so on.

Do you know if this is possible?

Bob

Kleber,

There is no easy way to achieve what you want. From what I understand, you want more granular control of the extensions page.

Freepbx only provides granular control down to the page level, and as Elastix PBX GUI is only a wrapper around the Freepbx system, isn't able to provide any further control.

It is possible and with reasonable success for someone to make some changes to the freepbx code to limit what shows on the screen, but without it being a supported modification, it will be written over each time you upgrade the module or upgrade freepbx (e.g. Elastix upgrade).

Your only true possibility is to approach the freepbx crew (forums) and see if there is an interest in the idea, but I will be honest with you I don't believe there will be a big interest in providing this level of granularity.

The only other area if you haven't see it already is the old ARI interface (accessed via the Unembedded Freepbx under the RECORDINGS menu at the top of the freepbx page (not the System recordings in the Left Hand menu....This allows them some control on forwarding calls and voicemails....

Regards

Bob

Kleber

Thank you so much Bob.

I was really waiting for an answer.

There is no easy way to achieve what you want. From what I understand, you want more granular control of the extensions page.
I would like to do this kind of customization (more granular control of the extensions page), but I was not sure whether it is an easy way to achieve it or not.

I really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr