Customization of my PBX Sounds

Discussion in 'General' started by Mirko87, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Mirko87

Hi... I'm from Italy, and in my PBX I've already have a lot of italian sounds, but in case I want to register a custom IVR/Annucement/Sound I'll have 2 choice:

1-take my microphone and register my voice (but I haven't a beautiful female voice like the girl in my avatar :p )...

2-Use a Text to Speech software...

So that... what method do you use?... And if you use a Text-2-Speech Software, can you tell me a good program?

Thank you so much guys...

Mirko

2. telecomtechnician

Hi Mirko

If you are starting with asterisk and elastix, make it simple.

1) Try to record your custom and system messages by yourself (use the appropiate female voice and record them in wma or mp3), then convert them to gsm through the sox application inside the elastix server.

2) The point is that you can experiment and learn some of the many features and advances that asterisk and elastix has.

3) You can invest in a text to speech software, like NCH software, lumen vox from digium and a few others.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

3. danardf

Hi Micro.

Another solution:
    I have remorse for a solution not very pretty.
    So the part is deleted.
    :blush:

You can buy a nice natural voice (acapela for exemple).

Personally, I had used this solution, and next I bought a french voice because these products are very very nice.

Buy TextAloud (windows) + acapela, it's the top. ;)

And, you can use Wavepad (Free version) and save your result to GSM format.

4. Mirko87

Hi...

Thank you both...

In past I've tried to register one or two sound and sobstitute them to the originals, but I'm interested to a Text to Speech software and danardf's suggest is great!!

Acapela voices are so good!

At the moment my Text2Speech voices sounds slow and eletronic... So that I'm thinking to buy "Vittorio" voice from Acapela, it's a great Natural Voice.

Thank you again...

Mirko