Custom remote announce based on IVR selection?

Discussion in 'General' started by MagicRobot, Aug 15, 2010.

1. MagicRobot

Hello, all!

I would like to set up an IVR where, say, pressing 1 will call everyone in the "Technical Support" ring group and pressing 2 will call everyone in the "Software Development" ring group. This is no problem, I know how to do this.

There is just one issue: for the time being, members of the software development ring group are also members of the technical support ring group. So if their extension is dialed, it won't be immediately obvious if the call is a software call or a technical difficulty call.

What I would like to do is have a remote announce specify what the caller is calling for (i.e. which number they pressed in the IVR menu). So if someone is trying to reach technical support and gets one of our software guys, a message would play something like "Call for Technical Support, press 1 to pick up".

If this were just a normal remote announce, I know that I could just make a follow me for their extension with the remote announce and call confirm options checked. However, I have no idea how to dynamically select the message based on which number was pressed in the IVR menu.

Any ideas on how to accomplish what I'm trying to do? Thanks in advance for the help.

2. DaveD

In freepbx for ring groups you can set CID Name Prefix:
    This will put a short mane before the caller id so you know who it is meant for