Custom IVR routines?

benign

I'm setting up a system for HR, where a user calls into the main company IVR, and they are given the choice for company directory, extensions, etc... etc... I am adding two choices here that are basically announcements regarding emergencies such as natural disasters and when/where to report to work during those times.

I've created an extension which automatically plays the unavail voicemail message when the caller hits number 2 on the phone. Whoever is in charge of changing the message can access that voicemail box and update the greeting based on the conditions. The problem is after the message plays, the regular voicemail beep happens, which appears to be confusing to some people. I tested it on a few people and they all ask if they are supposed to leave a message.

Is there anyway to get rid of the beep so people don't think it's actually voicemail?

dicko

You might want to send the IVR to amn "Announcement" tied to a "System Recording" instead. I think you will find it more appropriate to your needs.

dicko

benign

dicko said:
You might want to send the IVR to amn "Announcement" tied to a "System Recording" instead. I think you will find it more appropriate to your needs.

dicko
The problem with that is that the message has to be updatable by a phone call into the system. With the voicemail setup, whoever is in charge of updating the message can access the voicemail box for that extension and update the unavailable message, which acts as the announcement. The only problem is the beep.

benign

dicko said:

dicko
The problem with that is that the message has to be updatable by a phone call into the system. With the voicemail setup, whoever is in charge of updating the message can access the voicemail box for that extension and update the unavailable message, which acts as the announcement. The only problem is the beep.

dicko

And the answer to that problem is to check the box:

Link to Feature Code

Check this box to create an options feature code that will allow this recording to be changed directly.:

benign

Thanks dicko, I found what you were talking about after a little searching. Your suggestion works perfect.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc