Custom Install CD Not Working

TMarkey

I'm attempting to add a few packages and tarballs to the install CD, using the steps for creating a custom CentOS install CD listed on the link below:

http://nootech.wordpress.com/2007/12/11/build-a-custom-centos-5-install-cd/

The ISO is created and burned without error, and even boots to the initial install screen (where you choose the installation type). However, once I hit enter and choose my keyboard language it halts, telling me that the Elastix CD was not found. I've tested the steps on a vanilla CentOS 5 CD and they work fine. Is there something I'm missing (perhaps hidden in the initrd.img or some such)? Any help would be greatly appreciated, since I'm really banging my head against the wall on this one...

Oh, and here is the script I'm using for the CD creation (and yes, all the folders are correct):

Code:
#!/bin/sh
PRODUCT=TestISO
VERSION=1.1.2

if [ -z "$1" ];then
    echo whine
else
    rm cd1/repodata/ -rf
    rm cd1/*~ -rf
    createrepo -p -g /usr/src/TestISO/comps.xml cd1/
    mkisofs -r -R -J -T -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -V "$P\
RODUCT $VERSION" -A "Created on $(date +%m-%d-%Y)" -P "$PRODUCT" -p "$PRODUCT" \
-b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -x "lost+found" -o $1.iso cd1
    /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/implantisomd5 $1.iso
fi

gah242s

Just a random guess here, but your example uses a full path for the createrepo line on the cd1, (~/build/c5disc1), but you are using a local directory and including the trailing slash, (cd1/). Is it putting things in a different directory than it is expecting?

TMarkey

Thanks for the idea, but it turned out the issue was I didn't copy over the hidden file ".discinfo". Now I'm experiencing an entirely new issue, where the installation doesn't see any of the RPMs that are on the CD. Is there something wrong with the createrepo line of my code?

TMarkey

Ignore the previous post, I've gotten it working. I'd clean installed my platform and neglected to reinstall anaconda. D'oh

gah242s

Oh the stories the keyboards could tell...

Glad it's working though!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehdii_igi