custom extension, custom caller ID

Discussion in 'General' started by franklin, Feb 16, 2011.

1. franklin

dicko. Posting this in new thread. You helped me with a custom extension. Works great. Is there a way to pass a defined caller ID? The ID being passed is of the calling party, and not the Outbound CID of the Extension. The receiver wants to know it is a call from this Extension. I don't want to turn Call Screening on. Putting xxx in the CID Prefix on the Inbound Route does not work.

Thanks.

2. dicko

I suggest your custom extension might then look something like:

dial/outrt-00X-<your_defined_outbound_route>/<number>

where outrt-00X-<your_defined_outbound_route> is an outbound route that is considered an intra-company route, as the hover-over help will explain, your original CID should not be over-ridden.

Thusly, make an intra-company route , call it <your_defined_outbound_route>, identify the somewhat obscure outrt-00X route with:

grep -E "^\[outr" /etc/asterisk/extens*|grep your_defined_outbound_route

Conversely send it though an outbound route that is NOT an intra-company route, to use the extension's defined CID. There is a caveat in that the route must be able to support that extension CID.

It sounds a little complicate but really just a logical and sequential use of the FreePBX contexts, and a bit of bash.

It should work, I've never needed it, so haven't tried it. but I also found (that google thing is damn clever!!) :

http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/us ... extensions

dicko

3. franklin

Thanks for the help on this. Cant' make it work. dialing directly out works with the Internal CID passing. But FF or sending the call out a custom string always passes the caller ID. Even tried clicking the box on the Trunk that prevents CID from passing. my tail shows the call always goes out my main trunk on FF and custom string. It's strange. I have the Context set as from-internal-myoutrt and I have that outrt set up in extensions_custom with all other routes commented out but the one I want, which is selecting the trunk I want. Like I said, this all works on a direct dial using the extension, but when you try to use FF or the custom dial string it doesn't. Unless you have a last ditch effort, I'm moving on.

Thanks for all your help.