Custom Contexts

Discussion in 'General' started by veritech, Jan 8, 2009.

1. veritech

Hi,
    I just installed the Custom Contexts 0.3.3 module into my Elastix 1.3-2 system. I want to force a specific extension to use a specific trunk. I configured a context and in extensions, I can choose the context. When I save the changes to the extension, the value of the context disappears. I checked the extensions_additional.conf and the context appears to be there.
    when I dial out though it isn't using that trunk.

Any suggestions

Thanks

2. telecomtechnician

Hi there

What exactly DO you want to do?, why do you need a custom context for that?

If you give me full details, maybe there is another solution not related to custom contexts.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

3. veritech

I want to setup extensions to use a specific trunk.

ie.
    we are running multiple companies in our office.

I have 4 iax2 trunks, inbound routes goto different IVRs.

I currently have users choosing the outbound route by either dialing 9+number, 8+number, 7+number.

I would like that the user just dial the 10 digit number and their extension chooses the outbound route.
    I would like to do this from asterisk and not set a configuration in the settings on the phone.

Thanks

4. chocho

Hi,
    You need to set outbound routes for each trunk and then allow this route for specific context, but first set "ENTIRE Basic Internal Dialplan" and "outbound-allroutes" to "Deny".
    When change context in extension options it is normal to stay blank after submiting, just make sure that is changed in above context field.
    Also there is a version 0.3.4 of Custom Context

5. wiseoldowl