Custom Context for CEO incoming calls restriction

macsinternet

Hi everyone

I'd like to biuld a context in which the CEO can receive only direct calls from area managers, if anyone else calls the CEO's extension is forwarded to the CEO's secretary, so she can either transfer it to him or not.

I thought about building a new context for those who can't call the CEO directly, but I'm kind of stuck now. Any help will be highly appreciated.

dicko

macsinternet

Thanks for your support Dicko. Very good sugestion, i already probed but it´s not exactly why we need. The CEO doesn´t want that even ring the phone if the call are from an non authorized extension. Maybe a custom context script can help me. Any idea?

Thanks again for your support.

dicko

From the link I posted
Note: this module send an alert info of type alert-group to ip phones, so we recommend to set up the boss' phone so its ring tone is silent or very quiet when receiving an alert info of type alert-group; this way, the boss won't be distracted by phone calls which are being processed by his or her secretary. Calls from the secretary to the boss will ring normally.

Just chose a phone that allows that.

fraggle4

Another way to skin the cat is to set up a Custom Context for the phones that don't get direct access. In the context, set ext-local to Deny Rules, and in the Dial Pattern box, insert the Boss' extension number. Then insert the Sec's number as the failover destination at the bottom of the CC page.
Should work if your existing dialplan allow it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen