CTI (Computer Telephone Integration) with Windows

Discussion in 'General' started by johnranger, Jul 14, 2007.

1. johnranger

Hi,

two suggestions:

1st) something like a small-footprint Windows App, which resides in the system try and when a call comes in displays the CallerID + Caller phone number as it is also provided to SIP hardphones when a call comes in.

- This must be somehow done as a client/server app
    - Additionally, there should be the possibility to point the app to additional directories to lookup (could also be done from the server part)

2nd) A Windows TAPI solution for dialing directly out of any TAPI-enabled app.

To get an idea about what I am talking, have a look at HudLite (www.hudlite.org). Unfortunately, this app is not open-source but only free and it has also some bugs.

2. scotth

There are a number of apps that can do what you want. I have used Outcall to integrate asterisk with my Outlook Mail client. The link to this is Outcall.

Hope this helps.

3. jennymoore

Hi,

Tenfold (formerly called Callinize) is a great CTI solution that allows you to connect Elastix with different CRMs like Salesforce, Zendesk, Infusionsoft, SugarCRM and Zoho CRM and offers features like call pop up and click to dial. It only takes about 5 minutes to configure the integration. They offer a free trial as well.

Here's a link to the info on the Elastix integration: https://www.callinize.com/integrations/elastix/