CREATING LIMITED "ADMIN" USERS

striderec

Hi there,

I am running an Elastix Server to host a few corporate customers and i would like to give them access to the Elastix web GUI by creating limited "administrator" users that could check the CDRs, Voicemails and call Monitoring files for the group of extensions I have created for them. For instance, let's say I have created 10 extensions for the customer "Company ABC" (ext 8000 through ext 8009).

I would like an admin user for "Company ABC" able to see all voicemails, CDRs and monitoring calls -ONLY- for extensions 8000-8009 and not the rest. How can I do that? Elastix forces you to assign a particular extension for the users you create and will just show CDRs, voicemails and monitoring for that specific extension.

Is there any manual tweak / workaround on the sqlite databases of Elastix for this case?

Thank you in advance,

PAUL

danardf

Hi.

I think that's not possible. :unsure:

Every Elastix account are a visibility domain.
Of course, Admin can see all and anything.
If you create a new account, you can enable or disable a module access and not to give a right at some extensions but only one. And that's all.
A user account with its extension could see only its own voicemail, ...Etc

But it's an idea. ;)

striderec

Thank you for the help but I already know all of that for sure. That is why I was specific in my request but if it can't be done, then that's a bummer.

Again, thanks for the effort to say something.

- Paul

danardf

Maybe you could send a request into the developers mailing list.
It's a very good idea.
We could imagine to have one super-admin, and several adim.

Regards

striderec

Hi again,

Yeah, it sounds like something useful for Elastix to implement in the future.

Just think of this.. let's forget about multiple customers on one Elastix server. Instead, Let's think of a company with one or two supervisors and 2 different team of agents. It would be nice to create one "admin" for Supervisor #1 with ext 8000 who could control and monitor the extensions of their 5 agents, let's say from 8001 to 8005 and Supervisor #2 with ext 8020 who could do the same with his/her 10 agents from ext 8021 to 8030. That'd be so nice to do, otherwise, Supervisor #1 and Supervisor #2 would have the tedious job to log into every individual account of every agent to check the CDRs, Voicemails and calls monitoring which is what has to be done so far.

I guess I have to get into the developers forum to ask them for this.

- Paul

danardf

Hmmm, More for the Call Center module so, or both?
Because you talk about the agent and supervisor. :huh:

striderec

hehehe no, the supervisor/agent thing was merely an example.

Not a call center at all.

Best Regards,

Paul

danardf

Ha ok.
But that could be true for this case too.

Ok, wait and see.
Let me know if you have some news about that, and me too, i'll let you know. ;)

rafael

The closest we can get right now is to create a grupo for this administrators and give them the privileges. That for Elastix, but you may have to create the user in freePBX with freePBX priviligies. If you only whant to have one user for both: elastix/freePBX, then we would need something like ldap.
If you want to have a more advanced user administration module, then that can be developed. For that you can hire Palosanto (main developers of Elastix) to the Job. You can hire a programer that you know, you can do a bounty, like our friend Mark Brooker is doing for the Endpoint Manager or do it yourself like danardf is doing with RoomX.

Remember Elastix is free software (as in freedom), every imrpovement to the software would benefit all Elastix users. So what we have don up to now have give thousends of people the chance to implement Elastix and a few of them have give back to the project.

Anyway, if you can give a us a detailed idea of what would you like in the module, then we, as community, can find a way to make it work.

regards,

rafael

jgutierrez

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr