CPU usage high and hard drive space

dmanolis79

I installed elastix version 1.5 64bit 2 days ago. Now the CPU usage is at 89% at all times. I have a 36GB harddrive and 78% of it has been used. I dont know where it is using it. I only have 1 sip trunk and 5 extensions which probably and if make about 3 calls at the same time. The machine that is running elastix is a:

IBM x336 server with 1 Xeon 64bit Proc. running at 3.6Ghz with 2 GB of Ram.

Ram usage is at 76% no swap usage.

What could be causing this?

thanks in advance.

dicko

from bash

For CPU and memory usage use
for disk usage, start at root:
cd /
then
du -h --max-depth=1

chase down the large directories.

eiger3970

Hi dicko,
I'm just a newbie with high CPU and RAM usage. Do I enter your command "du -h --max depth=1" in Elastix\PBX\Tools\Asterisk-Cli\Command ? Not sure what you mean re the cd / as I've loaded the boot cd into the pc already and Elastix is now on the c drive.

dicko

The diagnostics you are looking for will need to be run from a bash shell, either on the local console or by ssh, in a bash shell cd means change directory and / means the root of the file system, a basic understanding of linux is now necessary for you you to proceed down this path, sorry.

this post was just for large directory structures

For greedy processes use:

My guess is you have a rogue process running in Asterisk:

tail -f /var/log/asterisk/full

is I'm sure spitting out the same error many times a second, sending your cpu usage through the roof and eating up your hard disk space. you need to track down and kill that process.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr