Country settings - telco adds a "0" before the num

MrJingles46

Hi

I installed elastix and selected my country as south africa on install however after installing it we found that when we dialed a local number in South Africa we ended up in Switzerland , our local telco detects our box as a European box and automatically prepends a "0" to every call that we make through the PRI.

This has caused me to have to remove our first digit in the string before sending it to the trunk.

This works fine as a work around for every number that starts with a "0", however there are certain numbers in our country that does not start with a "0" so when they try and dial this number eg. 10111(police) it sends "0111" to the trunk and our telco adds a "0" making the number "00111" and then it says number doesn't exist.

Our telco says that it is some setting we need to change on the box for it to work correctly and they can't change anything their side.

I used Trixbox before and it worked fine without adding a zero to my number string.

Can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong and where I can fix/change this setting.

Thanks

Patrick_elx

just create a proper rule in your trunk settings to remove only the 0 if you don't need them.

Something like

0|Zxx.

It will only remove the 0 of the number.

I would suggest that you read Elastix Without Tears in the download section to understand the proper routing and formating of your routes.

MrJingles46

I don't think you understand what i am trying to achieve , maybe i didn't explain correctly.

I can do as you suggested , and I have , but this still doesn't work as my telco detects my box as a euro setup and auomatically adds a "0" in front of any number that I dial(10111) ,so the number just ends up as "010111" instead of "10111" so it still doesn't work.

I need to find a setting that doesn't send/let my telco think its a euro box.

They say its a setting in my box that does this , and with trixbox it didn't do this.

Thanks for your quick response , hope you can help.

ramoncio

Try to play with:

pridialplan=unknown
prilocaldialplan=unknown

in chan_dahdi.con

dicko

I was wrong, you are at least a four month old, here never a courtesy thank-you to the very same man you got pissy with today and yet he saved your sorry-ass. There are no kaffirs here, get it?

My respect for you further diminishes, good luck getting further help here.

dicko

I muse to myself (why are so many of the Zuid-Afrikaners I have met so discourteous and self-entitled? maybe they are still resentful? maybe they still miss P.W.?, How can that be?)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti