Convesation Recording

Discussion in 'General' started by derflanoj, Jul 16, 2010.

1. derflanoj

Is possible to have an option to record the conversation by pressing a button on the phone then the conversation will be recorded. Where will the recorded conversation will be stored (directory)?

Thanks.

2. dicko

Unfortunately not. By default you will have to press two buttons ( '*' and then '1' ).

I guess you missed both the :

"In-Call Asterisk Toggle Call Recording "

on the "feature codes" page

And on the "General Settings" page the "hover over help" of the Asterisk Dial [outbound] commands options:

t: Allow the called user to transfer the call by hitting #
    T: Allow the calling user to transfer the call by hitting #
    r: Generate a ringing tone for the calling party
    w: Allow the called user to start recording after pressing *1 (Asterisk v1.2)
    W: Allow the calling user to start recording after pressing *1 (Asterisk v1.2)

and further, the "call recording" settings on the "General Settings " page while you were reading the manuals (that icludes the well self documented interface itself )

Just to save you actually reading anything further, the default location where these files are written is:

/var/spool/asterisk/monitor/

but feel free to set it to anywhere that the user asterisk can write to.

Does it not mention that in "Elastix Without Tears" ?

dicko

3. derflanoj

Hi thanks, I did all of the steps but when I dial it still doesn't work I am using elastix 1.6-12 does this procedure works on 1.6-12

4. dicko

Indeed it does.

make sure the codecs you use are compatible with the dtmfmode you use or the in-call signaling won't be heard properly, there are many others posts here as to how to resolve that if they are not.

dicko

5. derflanoj

Thanks, but I think this was nothing to do with dtmfmode because recording is working if I set the recording option to "always" recoding just don't work when invoking it by pressing *1.

6. dicko

If you think tones dialed and acted on are nothing to do with dtmfmode, then please dis-regard my posts.

7. derflanoj

You got me wrong I just said what I though I am not saying that I am right, it just my opinion, I just want to learn. I am very thankful to you because you are the one who almost answered all my query.

8. dicko

I hardly think that I "...got me wrong... " as you firmly stated " . . but I think this was nothing to do with dtmfmode. . ."

Did you actually investigate my suggestions before replying to my post?

dicko

9. derflanoj

Hi, here is my settings
    "General Settings"
    --Asterisk Outbound Dial command options:wW
    "Feature Codes"
    --In-Call Asterisk Toggle Call Recording *1 enabled

When I dial *1 I can hear a tone on the other phone. Did I miss something? Again thanks.

10. dicko

Perhaps so when it comes to missing something, I previously posted
    make sure the codecs you use are compatible with the dtmfmode you use or the in-call signaling won't be heard properly, there are many others posts here as to how to resolve that if they are not.

You state that you can hear the tone, that would suggest you are using inband dtmf signaling, if you are not using a g711 codec that will not work, YOU might hear it but it can't be properly decoded by Asterisk as the bandwidth is too limited.

11. derflanoj

Ok, thanks I think I have to look at the dtmfmode setting on my Grandstream gateway

12. dicko

You should have done that two days ago.
    but also "Oh dear", you never said you were using grandstream stuff, that in itself might be your only problem, I hope you can fix it, many have not been able to, but good luck a few have been able to make them semi-functional :)
    dicko

13. dingoland

Hi,

I had some problems too to enable the conversation recordings by the phone keyboard.
    The solution was to change a line in a conf file to upgrade the operation time.
    The fingers are not so fast as we want.
    I don't remember the config file to edit now but i will tell you tomorrow if it doesn't work for you yet.

Regards
    Greg

14. dingoland

Hi,

You need to add a line in the general section in the features.conf in var/www/html/admin/modules/core/etc/ :
    featuredigittimeout = 1500

It is the time to make the operation *1 to allow recording.

Regards
    Greg