connect two elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by erickins, Mar 19, 2009.

1. erickins

Hi all,

I have 2 elastix server, 1 is in China other is in Hong Kong, both has 1 X100p card, how can i dial in to hong kong x100p and use the internet to dial the china x100p card out?

2. danardf

Hi.

Yes. For exemple:

China (FXO_1)--[Elaxtix 1]------| Trunk IAX2 |-----[Elastix 2]--(FXO_2)
    So 1 trunk on each Elastix with the context=from-internal

Make a good dialplan to call out with the FXO_1 or FX0_2 on each Elastix server.

I think that's right.

3. dhelman

Hi Eric,

I am planning on doing something similar between Beijing and Hong Kong. While this is not a technical questions as far as how to set this up with Elastix, but I was wondering how well (or poor) this is working as far as having good call quality and if you use T.38 for Fax.

Of course, anyone on the board other than Eric that has comments or suggestions about getting calls out of mainland China to Hong Kong are welcome to comment as well.

Thanks,

David

4. roost

We are located in Hong Kong and if you have any Elastix problems, contact us for a fix or a solution.

We have done many integrations via SIP or IDAP (T1/E1) with Legacy PABXes including NEC SV8XXX, Siemens, Avaya etc. The DDI fax pass through is great via Legacy PBX <=SIP=> Elastix and it works for Fax to email and Fax out impressively.

We are greatly pleased with the Palosanto team and their effort to progress Elastix all the way.