Connect pabx to voip system

Hi,

I would like to ask what is the procedure and what items do i need to connect my pabx to my voip system.

I have TES824 pabx and elastix 2.4.0.

Any help and suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

This entirely depends on "how" you want to connect them together.

a Sample on how you want both machines to interact would be a nice place to start

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for the reply.

We already have an existing Panasonic TES824 PBX and Elastix VoIP. I would like to connect my TES824 PBX to my VoIP to make a call from VoIP to PBX, from PBX to VoIP and my analog phone can use my outgoing VoIP provider (If possible). I talked to our PBX supplier and they said that i need FXO card and FXS card to make a connection on my VoIP to PBX, but until now i still don't know how to use those cards or is it compatible with my PBX.

Do you have any idea how those cards work?

Thank You in advance.

how effective this could be is primarily going to end up being how many extension you are using on old pbx and how many simultaneous call you have going in or out of pbx to voip. FXO and FXS are just inbound or outbound jack of a pbx, think of them like I plug a phone in one and I plug the Telco company in the other. You think about it like the VOIP box is the phone company side you are connecting to your old PBX.

Hopefully that concept makes if more clear to understand. Your VOIP box will be the first hop into the pstn from your old pbx.

Any people find that this is the part that makes it moving to all voip just as cheap and removes many limitation of the hybrid phone system you end up with if you continue down the path you are on. It often depends on the number of handsets required and call volume. The lowered cost of the Telco world piece is where the pay back often works out, and depending on size of system it could be around a 1 year payback to move to an all VOIP phone system.

Wanet Telecoms Ltd

Forum User
I have connected 10 sites in a similar scenario before. My approach was, i used a gateway with 4FXO+4FXS at each site which has Panasonic KX-TES824. The KX-TES824 has a maximum capacity of 24FXS and 8FXO.
At all the sites, all 4FXO were used. And there were 20 extensions at each site. So there were 4FXO + 4FXS available for my VoIP intergration at each site. I did the trick using a SIP server seated at the HQ. At all the sites, the FXS ports registered to the SIP server (they become extensions of the SIP server) and offered analog trunks to the KX-TES824 at the various sites. The 4 extensions from the TES824 at the various sites plugged into the 4FXO ports of the gateways and became SIP trunks to the SIP server at the HQ. The SIP server did the switching of calls to and fro all sites. A SIP IP Phone would also be used from any of the 10 sites. Each of the TES824 had ARS (routing based on dialed digits) setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orbit114