connect my Elastix box to my existing ISDN PABX

Discussion in 'General' started by KCITS, May 24, 2010.

1. KCITS

How can I connect my Elastix box to my existing ISDN PABX to allow call transfers?

2. chito

you will need to provide more info, what kind pbx you have what kind of connection you currently have in you existing pbx, analog, ISDN.

example if your current pbx has a analog connection to the pstn you could install a FXO card in elastix and connect it via the FXO card.

regards,

Ivan

3. KCITS

The current PBX is an ISDN NEC Xen IPK2. It has no available analog/PSTN ports, it does have 3x available digital ISDN ports.

4. dicko

5. KCITS

Yes I am a newb, what card do you recommened for use between an Elastix box and ISDN port on a NEC PBX.

6. dicko

Any one that is "legitimate" and mainstream , please save yourself the agony of "knock off" clones, until it is proven to me otherwise they are not worth your time of day.

I.E. Digium, Rhino, or Sangoma if it's a "card" you need, don't overlook Redfone or Xorcom if you are more catholic in your tastes. Both have scalability/redundancy advantages

7. KCITS

What do I need to look for in a card to allow multiple lines to go back through the existing PBX.? I am not familiar with some of the ISDN terms being used

8. dicko

That is not the card's problem, they will all do it, it is the ISDN signaling, intrinsically ISDN is bi-directional all signaling is done on the D channels(s), two B channels for a BRI, 23 or 30 for a PRI for the "multiples" (you didn't say which you have, but I assumed PRI's ), You WILL have to familiarize yourself with how it works, or you will be banging your head against the wall, you WILL also have to wrap your head around MWI and voicemail integration, the references I gave are more than enough to get you going.

dicko