Configuring PBX

Discussion in 'General' started by inktectech, Sep 21, 2010.

1. inktectech

Hi I am trying to configure the PBX on Elastix at my office.

I have managed to get my IP phones connected but I am failing to get inbound and outbound calls to go through. I have looked around and I see that the trunks aren’t registered. I saw there were no trunks under the flash panel operator and under communication activity there is Trunks (0) : (0 Registered) (0 Not Registered). But I have setup a trunk in the PBX menu.

Any suggestions on what I can do?

2. Amphibian

inktectech , Welcome to Elastix..

Several questions for you, in effort to assist.

1: What version of Elastix are you using (Elastix 1.6 or Elastix 2.0)?

2: Have you downloaded or read "Elastix Without Tears", located by clicking on "Product Info" and selecting "Manuals/Books"?

3: Did you receive the "trunk settings" as required from the VoIp Service you are getting you Trunks from? If you don't have the right info from them they won't register...

Let us know the answers to these. You will find most of what you are looking for by reading Elastic Without Tears (EWOT) front to back. If you are new to Elastix it would benefit you greatly (and others on here) if you read it first before posting any additional questions. In addition, once you have read it you will find most of the "common" questions answered by doing a search on the topic you have questions about. Trust me I know, I too learned the hard way, don't make the same mistake I have, save yourself a lot of grief and read the manual.

Hope this helps,
    Amphibian

3. inktectech

Thanx Amphibian for the reply

1. Elastix 2.0
    2. I have downloaded Without Tears and a Elastix manual
    3. I am not using VOIP and I am trying to setup using normal phone line.

I have been through the Without Tears but haven't come right with the trunks. It could be that I have over looked something in the manual. I have even compared a working Elastix 1.6 but obviously with no luck. I have configured a ZAP trunk under the trunks menu and Elastix does see my card.

So I am at a complete loss and like I said I might have over looked something.

4. Amphibian

Sir,

IMHO, for what it may bring on the open market, I would forget about version 2.0 and install 1.6....

Reading some (if not all so far) post on here there seems to be some "issues" with 2.0. 1.6 is a "stable" and working version, I run it on several boxes here with no problems (other than lack of education on my part) as do others on here. I would install 1.6 and use it to learn on and get some experience with it before I would challenge the newly released 2.0. at this point.

I'm sure to get started with 1.6 will do everything you are looking to do. 2.0 has some new features but none that I think you would really benefit from now untill you get some working knowledge under your scalp.

Like I say, it's only my opinion.

Try 1.6, and if you have some problems still then shout and we will go from there.

Amphibian

5. Patrick_elx

did you configured correctly your dahdi trunk setup files?

What are your settings? What card are you using?

6. Lee Sharp

Who's card are you using, and which one? And is it a single line or a T1/E1 card?

Note that if you have a spare hard drive you can try a few other distributions to see if it is hardware, or a hardware setting. Askozia http://www.askozia.com/ is probably the fastest. (As it has no features...) B)

7. inktectech

I want to try and get 2.0 work first but if I don't succeed I will go to 1.6.

My card is a ZA16E
    http://www.zycoo.com/downloads/ZA16E_SPEC.pdf

I have setup my Zap trunk (dahdi compatibility mode) to the With Out Tears guide configuration, which is:

Maximum Channels: 1
    Dial Rules: XX.
    ZIP Identifier (Trunk name): 1

8. Lee Sharp

I have not seen that card before, but it looks like a standard clone. First, I would try another distribution like Askozia to eliminate a hardware configuration issue as your problem. (It is easy to get red and green confused...)

9. trymes

Inktectech,

I wouldn't worry about running v2.0, as we are happily running it here in production. There are some unresolved issues with Music on Hold, and maybe some other bits. I personally think you will be happier if you do most of your configuration in Unembedded FreePBX, though others might disagree. As an example, though, the MOH bug is only in the embedded module, not the unembedded module.

Moving forward, can you tell us exactly what steps you followed to configure the card?

Did you use the hardware detector?

Did you tell it to replace chan_dahdi.conf?

How many ports are you using on the card?

What do you get if you run the command "dahdi show channels" at the asterisk command line?

Also, please post the contents of the /etc/asterisk/chan-dahdi.conf and /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf files?

Tom

10. inktectech

11. inktectech

12. komodor

Hi folks

maybe you can help me

I have a pbx elastix 2.0

1 card E1 Rhino but it doesnt work

some one may helps me witch trunk aplly?

Regards

13. trymes

Thanks for the info, Inktectech. It looks like you have 12 FXO ports and 4 FXS ports.

You need to do the following, if you haven't already:

1.) Add a trunk or trunks for the 12 FXO channels.
    2.) Create extensions for the four FXS stations.
    3.) Create an inbound route to route the incoming calls to where you want them.
    4.) Create an outbound route to send calls destined for the outside to the 12 FXO channels.

You can perform step #1 in two ways:
    1.) Create 12 trunks, one for each channel.
    2.) Assign the trunks to group(s) using the "group=" line and create one trunk for each group.

For the inbound route, start simple and create only one that matches all CID and all DID numbers. Once that is working, you can assign DIDs to those Dahdi channels and create more routes if you so desire.

HTH

Tom

EDIT: PS: You need to be careful if you assign the channels to groups. It makes it easier in the GUI, but the Hardware detector will likely overwrite your changes if you use it again.

14. inktectech

Thank you trymes, what you suggested worked 100%. Now I am able make calls and receive after weeks trying.

Thank you again.