Configuring Elastix Endpoint for Polycom

trymes

OK, so I am in the process of installing an Elastix 2.0 server to replace an Ooooooold Trixbox machine (good riddance!), and I have been stumbling through the steps required to allow the endpoint manager to properly configure Polycom phones. We normally use Cisco 7940s, but I have a Polycom Soundpoint IP 301 here that I wanted to use for testing.

Anyhow, maybe this information is out there in a readily accessible and complete form, but I was unable to find it. So, in an effort to make this easier for others, here is what I have done that worked. Some of it might be unneeded, some of it might be wrong, so please correct any errors you might see.

1.) Download the latest SIP software and BootROM for your phone model from Polycom and unzip the files to the /tftpboot directory.

2.) Rename the sip_316.* files to sip.* (the 316 might be different, I downloaded v.3.1.6 for an IP 301) We need to do this because the SIP application, for example, comes as sip_316.ld and the Endpoint Manager tells the phone to use sip.ld, which does not exist.

3.) Create a server.cfg file with the following text (modify the IP Address to match your Elastix server's):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<localcfg>

<server voIpProt.server.1.address="192.168.0.3"/>

<SIP>

<outboundProxy voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.address="192.168.0.3"/>

</SIP>

<voice>

<volume voice.volume.persist.handset="1"

voice.volume.persist.headset="1"/>

</voice>

<TCP_IP>

<SNTP tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.enable="1"/>

</TCP_IP>

<localcfg>
4.) Either configure your DHCP server to us option 66 to tell the phone to use the Elastix server as the TFTP server, or manually specify the server on the phone.
5.) Reset the phone to factory defaults. It will reboot and fail to find the boot server.
6.) Go into the "Network Config:Server Menu" and change the server type to "Trivial FTP". The phone should reboot, update the BootROM (if the one you downloaded is different), wipe the flash, and update the SIP application. It should then work.

What have I left out?

Tom

pucky900

Thank you for the heads up.... I'm trying to do the same. My last straw with Trixbox is updating and then having ARI non-functioning. I have 4 Polycom 330 and Aastra 480CT.... the features with TB that everyone is use to I have to move over like persistent volume, 2 lines, etc.

dicko

pucky900

I saw that as I was starting to play with PIAF. Still debating between Elastix and PIAF. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino