Configure Auto Dial Out for an extension number

Discussion in 'General' started by piyush_rahate, Aug 5, 2009.

1. piyush_rahate

Hi,

Another query. I am supposed to configure the "auto dial out and deliver message" feature of asterisk. The system to dial to a direct number was configured, however now a new scenario came up and that is dialing to number on which there is a auto-attendant configured and has an extension number.

I googled but didn't find something helpful.

Can someone guide me on how to configure the same.

2. Megabyte

what is exactly you need to configure, you need that asterisk dial a number, if in other side answer another pbx with an ivr you want that your pbx can dial an extension for example???

3. piyush_rahate

Hi,

Thank you for the response, its exactly the way I want to configure it.

I want my system to dial out a number, if on the other end it finds an IVR it should wait to complete the welcome message. When the IVR asks for an extension number, my system should dial in the extension. Once connected to extension and getting the response it should deliver the message to the receiver.

4. Megabyte

I think you cant do it the way you want, imagine how asterisk will know when to dial or what to dial, you can configure like a detecccion silence after the greetings, but its so hard to accomplish that task, because you maybe will have some answer machine and some people asking, but maybe you wont know what extension you should dial.

Maybe someone here can have an idea, i say that way its no possible.

5. piyush_rahate

Well,is it anyhow possible if I know the extension number to be dialed?

6. rafael

7. Megabyte

If you know what extensions to be dialed you can use the funtion SendDTMF() and send the dtmf tones.