configs...

Discussion in 'General' started by dberry, Nov 21, 2007.

1. dberry

sorry in advance for the long post... I have tried setting it to from-pstn and from-trunk.

here is my sip.conf

I also tried using Aretta, here is my trunk info for Aretta.

Outgoing
    Trunk Name: arettasip
    allow=ulaw
    canreinvite=no
    context=from-trunk
    disallow=all
    dtmfmode=rfc2833
    fromuser=******
    host=sip.aretta.net
    qualify=no
    secret=******
    sendrpid=yes
    type=peer
    username=******

Incoming
    Trunk Name: arettasip_in
    context=from-trunk
    type=user

Registration String:
    ******:******@sip.aretta.net<br><br>Post edited by: dberry, at: 2007/11/21 15:35

2. CleveJ

So what is your problem??

3. dberry

Sorry about that, i must have hit new topinc instead of reply, below is the original thread.

http://www.elastix.org/component/op...lastix_txt,Problem+wih+Inbound+Route/lang,en/

I can call a DID from a regular POTS phone if I configure it as a direct did to an extension,

I can call a DID configured to an inbound route to my IVR if i am using a UA connected to the server,

but I when it is configured as a DID to inbound route to IVR and i call from a POTS line, it rings busy and in the sip debug it says 404 Not Found.

I have tried setting the context = from-pstn and also from-trunk.

Again, I am so sorry about reposting, I meant to reply to the original topic.

4. Eham

You might want to keep the from-trunk, If you can make outgoing calls over the SIP trunk at that point you're almost there.

What I do is assign 3-digit extensions to my SIP devices then make sure I can register to the Elastix box with that. On the 3digit extension you've just built and registered to, add the 10-digit DID to the "Direct DID" on the extension. Leave everything else default for now on the extension. Can you make outgoing calls on the trunk? I didn't want my deployment to be used as a traditional PBX by dialing "9" for an outside line so I modified my outbound route on the SIP trunk with the dialplan:

1800NXXXXXX
    1866NXXXXXX
    1877NXXXXXX
    1888NXXXXXX
    1NXXNXXXXXX
    NXXNXXXXXX
    NXXXXXX

You might want to remove what you have for your inbound route and start over. This is what I've configured:

Add new incoming route. DO NOT add anything, do not change anything and submit. The any DID/any CID you've added will be treated to ring the DIDs you've assigned to your extensions previously. This works for me and I am using SIP trunking. I suppose your SIP trunking switch should be sending DIDs as 10digits, you might want to verify as this is something your ITSP controls.