Conference set to record - where does it save it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mathiau, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Mathiau

i set one of our conferences to record to see how it worked, i set the option under moderator to record

Moderator Options Announce Record

i assumed this would record the entire conference, however checking under my monitoring tab, i see now recording that correspond to our almost hour long meeting?

did i set something wrong, or do i need to set a moderator pin and then dial in with a phone and then it will record the meeting?

2. Mathiau

any help would be great on this, so i know if i need to spend some money on an array microphone or not.

3. Mathiau

Some seaarching some people say it could be under

var\spool\asterisk\meetme

or even

var\spool\asterisk\monitor

or

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/

So checking under monitor, i see the meetme-conf-rec but i didnt see them listed on the monitoring tab, time to check again

4. Mathiau

So they are under the monitoring area, but how do i get them so i can see them in the GUI?

from some reading it is like the only way i can get them is to download them somehow from the elastix server...

Is this something that can be fixed in Elastix since it seems like a slight error to not show recorded conferences anywhere they can be easily accessed for most people?

5. dwells

They are in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor...
    I usually use winscp to download/listen to them.

Optionally I made(& adapted) some PHP code to read the directory, display the files in a nice WEBGUI, and have the options to Listen, Download or Archive selected files (to a predifined destination so I didn't have to type them in all the time) I also had a custom dest box, if I wanted to do somethings special with it.

So imagination is your only limitation here.

I think to "Monitor"(ChanSpy) a call, you must 1)Have permission 2)the call must be live, not recorded. (correct me if I'm wrong please)

6. Mathiau

sounds good, being able to see them in a GUI would be best, unfortunately i am no coder :(, will see if i can get our coder guy here to maybe be able to do something.

7. mahpayma

Hi,
    the files are kept in
    var\spool\asterisk\monitor
    but after downloading and listing to it i heard nothing the quality is very poor and unusable, is there anyway of improving the recording ????