Conference set to record - where does it save it?

Mathiau

i set one of our conferences to record to see how it worked, i set the option under moderator to record

Moderator Options Announce Record

i assumed this would record the entire conference, however checking under my monitoring tab, i see now recording that correspond to our almost hour long meeting?

did i set something wrong, or do i need to set a moderator pin and then dial in with a phone and then it will record the meeting?

Mathiau

any help would be great on this, so i know if i need to spend some money on an array microphone or not.

Mathiau

Some seaarching some people say it could be under

var\spool\asterisk\meetme

or even

var\spool\asterisk\monitor

or

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/

So checking under monitor, i see the meetme-conf-rec but i didnt see them listed on the monitoring tab, time to check again

Mathiau

So they are under the monitoring area, but how do i get them so i can see them in the GUI?

from some reading it is like the only way i can get them is to download them somehow from the elastix server...

Is this something that can be fixed in Elastix since it seems like a slight error to not show recorded conferences anywhere they can be easily accessed for most people?

dwells

They are in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor...
I usually use winscp to download/listen to them.

Optionally I made(& adapted) some PHP code to read the directory, display the files in a nice WEBGUI, and have the options to Listen, Download or Archive selected files (to a predifined destination so I didn't have to type them in all the time) I also had a custom dest box, if I wanted to do somethings special with it.

So imagination is your only limitation here.

I think to "Monitor"(ChanSpy) a call, you must 1)Have permission 2)the call must be live, not recorded. (correct me if I'm wrong please)

Mathiau

sounds good, being able to see them in a GUI would be best, unfortunately i am no coder :(, will see if i can get our coder guy here to maybe be able to do something.

mahpayma

Hi,
the files are kept in
var\spool\asterisk\monitor
but after downloading and listing to it i heard nothing the quality is very poor and unusable, is there anyway of improving the recording ????

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cristian.saiz