Conference Module

kspare

Conference module works great, but we may have stumbled onto a bug.

When we create a conference, minutes before it starts it will show up as a current conference, so you can click on the users and manage it.

But after the start period passes, the con becomes a past conference and you can no longer manage it.

Is this by design or is it a bug?

Also when you choose to record it, is it by design that you can't pick up the recording from the gui? So far the only way I can find the recording is to access the server via samba.

Megabyte

This is not a bug its the way its suposed to work if you want a permanet conference room you will need to create in the PBX menu on the left. the module you are talking about its for that, to program and control futures conferences, but you can create a permantent conference and manage it with that module just change the number of your automatic generated conference to the permanent one.

kspare

So you are telling me that a conference that has started but not ended is not a current conference?

Megabyte

First that was not what you posted you posted something diferent :

"When we create a conference, minutes before it starts it will show up as a current conference, so you can click on the users and manage it.

But after the start period passes, the con becomes a past conference and you can no longer manage it.

Is this by design or is it a bug?"

Thats what i was answering to you, thats was your question im not telling you anything diferent.

kspare

I guess I need to be more detailed.

After the start period has passed, but the conference has not ended, the conference shows up as a past conference.

So you can not manage the conference and kick/mute users unless you have clicked on the conference before it starts. It's not very user friendly.

Megabyte

You just create the conferences, after it begins just click over the Participants number on the right ( 1/10) and you can administer the conferences there, if you cant do it in that way maybe you have an installation problem or something like that, verify that and please tell us.

kspare

Thats exactly the problem. Once the start time has passed, I can no longer click on the participants number. It shows up immediately as a past conference.

kspare

I think I found the problem.

if $date_start="" and $date_end="" basically equal nothing, then when the code runs it is comparing endtime and starttime to a null value. It's not actually pulling the date?

Code:
    function ObtainConferences($limit, $offset, $date_start="", $date_end="", $field_name="", $field_pattern="", $conference_state)
    {
        $query   = "SELECT roomNo, confDesc, startTime, endTime, maxUser, bookId, roomPass, confOwner, silPass, aFlags, uFlags FROM booking ";

$strWhere = "";
        if($conference_state=='Past_Conferences') $strWhere .= "endTime<'$date_end'";

oneobserver

Looks like the update code for this went out, since I can now see any conferences that are currently in progress, but I think it may have broken something else. I have been trying to administer some permanent conference rooms that I created in the FreePBX side and then entered them into the Conference Manager and set them to the numbers created. This creates a conference, but will not show any participants when they join. I was able to see them for 2 or three tests that I did and then I added 2 additional conferences with FreePBX and now it no longer works even if I remove the other two conferences. How do I get the manager to see the fixed conferences again?

Secondary question, when managing a fixed conference, I am assuming that it is supposed to ignore any PIN numbers put in the manager defnition, since that is how it appears to be working?

markh aka oneobserver

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti