conference bridge (pstn +internal)

Discussion in 'General' started by sirbones, Mar 9, 2009.

1. sirbones

Hi All

I have a request from the client to offer a conference bridge in elastix.

Thing is, they will want multiple conferences.

My question is, how is it best to setup this center

I see 2 options

1. Create a conference bridge IVR offering and option to dial the conference #, however, I am not sure of the option to allow the dialing properly as it tends to flake out doing this
    2. Create a conference and apply an IVR button option to it. This works, but I dont want to create a digit to each conference to be dialed

Any input on this would be great.

Thanks as always

2. jgutierrez

I would find out the name of the ivr, and then on extensions_custom.conf and create a context including ext-meetme

Code:
    [ivr-2-custom]
    include => ext-meetme

This way, I'm assuming that the context that holds your ivr is called "ivr-2", you may get the name if you enter into de CLI (asterisk -r) and then call into your ivr. By doing this, any of your customers may call into your ivr, and just dial the conference room

3. sirbones

worked like a charm.. Thank you..

4. jgutierrez

good news! B)

5. witekprytek

Hi,
    I want to refresh this subject.
    I urgently need a help.
    I have similar problem - I need to create conference bridge allowing users chose the conference number they want to connect to.

I have originally post my problem here:
    http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... 8781#18830
    But I see that here is the right place for it.

summarizing
    What I have done:
    Now I have nightly build FreePBX 2.5.1.2 and elastix 1.3. I have finally created "Custom Destination" from Free PBX Tools menu and point it to something like custom-meeteme3,s,1 and in asterisk config file "extensions_custom.conf" i have added
    It is originally created by web-meetme
    [custom-meetme3]
    include => ext-meetme
    exten => s,1,Answer
    exten => s,n,Wait(3)
    exten => s,n,CBMysql()
    exten => s,n,Hangup

Custom destination is linked with "Misc Application" =>800

Now by dialing 800 I can hear "please enter your conference number followed by the # key ". After entering the preciously created conference number I can hear - that is not valid conference number..."

So the question is how [custom-meetme3] should look like to make the conference bridge working.
    I have no idea what to put in [custom-meetme3] If there is only include => ext-meetme it does not work.
    You have added post, tat it works in IVR menu? Maybe you can extend it for an extension (as above 800)

Thank you advance for any help.

WP

6. jgutierrez

Yes, it works with the ivr, you will need to try it, if you you get the message that the conference room doesn´t exists, is because it doesn´t exists, you must first create the conference room on the web interface. I hope that when you have updated freepbx, you haven´t broke down your elastix, you may know if you have it done, if when you click on one of your extensions, you don´t have any ifno on it, then, you have already broke it down...