Compile Dahdi

Discussion in 'General' started by nima0102, Mar 7, 2010.

1. nima0102

Hi
    First of all thanks for sharing your experiences on this forum and developer's efforts on elastix :)
    According to this topic, I think, I have to patch wctdm.c file.
    But as far as I know Elastix is not provided with source packages! So I do not know about compile some packages.
    May you give me some advice or guidance about compiling dahdi package or asterisk package onn Elastix??

Thanks in advance

2. ramoncio

Hi nima0102,
    Search for your asterisk/dahdi source rpms at the repo http://repo.elastix.org/elastix/
    They must be the exact version you are using.
    check your versions with 'rpm -q asterisk' and 'rpm -q dahdi'

Depending on the version you are using, they might be in different folders, search the repo throughly.

3. nima0102

Thanks for your quick reply
    Ok, I found those packages.
    But after compiling that packages,the new compiled files where do I have to copy so that asterisk can be started?
    Do you have any suggestion or guidance about the mentioned topic in my previous thread?
    I think this problem maybe will be for another elastix's users.
    Thanks in advance

4. ramoncio

'make install' should put the files at the proper places.

5. nima0102

Source of dahdi package is installed on /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/dahdi-linux-complete-2.2.0.2+2.2.0/ and after compiling on "/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/dahdi-linux-complete-2.2.0.2+2.2.0/linux/drivers/".
    I think "make" command does no install on correct location.

Thanks for any help or guidance

6. ramoncio

'make' does not install anywere, just compiles it.
    'make install' installs it at the proper place.

7. nima0102

Excuse me for this mistake,of course I have run "make" and then "make install" and those file was copied on "/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/dahdi-linux-complete-2.2.0.2+2.2.0/linux/drivers/" .
    I think it's better new package is created with that patch!!
    Thanks for any help or guidance.

8. ramoncio

This is where the built files are placed, but with 'make install' they also should get copied to /lib/modules/`uname -r`/dahdi
    so when you restart dahdi it installs the modules you have in /etc/dahdi/modules, if it detects the hardware.

9. milauria

I have similar issue trying to compile with hpech license, may I dowload and "make"" the digium dahdi tar sources without damaging my elastix installation or should i better download the rpm and comiple that one ? thank for any advise

10. dicko

rpm -qa|grep dahdi

will show you your installed rpm that are dahdi related

lsmod |grep dahdi

will show you any dahdi related modules, so you might want to rmmod them before proceeding.

rpm -e --nodeps dahdi
    and
    rpm -e --nodeps kerrnel-module-dahdi
    etc. to match the first step,

will allow you to safely remove the Elastix dahdi stuff whilst retaining the ability to later install them again. (I do this because otherwise yum thinks they are still there (and they are, but you rightly intend to subvert them however) so you have to wait til next month until you can update them.)

get the digium source and do your thing,

if you need to, to revert:

from the dahdi src directory

make clean

and then
    yum install <all the dahdi stuff you used to have> should get you back where you started from

dicko

JM2CWAE

11. milauria

Coming back to the first option it could be simpler to use the elastix dahdi rpm ... I found out where to download the rpm from but I am missing how can I generate the actual source directories from an rpm file and then locate the source and compile through "make" command, any guidance on this ? thanks a lot