Clients allowed to send faxes???

Discussion in 'General' started by angelo, Jun 19, 2008.

1. angelo

How can we allow a subnet?
    what about a host name?
    The interface only accept ONE ip at a time.

How do you allow people to send faxes that are connected to a DHCP server if you cannot allow subnets.

What about user/password autentications? why doesn't work.

Thanks
    angelo

2. rejil.rajan

Hi Angelo

You can reserve the IP of that machine in DHCP server

3. angelo

What I mean is DHCP from a Provider, like DSL or aDSL, where they change IP's every 12hs.
    This is what we need either a netmask or a hostname so we can link the machines with a DynDNS.

But none of this option is available through the GUI, if you try anithing but an IP it gives you an error.

4. elastix-tob

anything new on this issue? I do have the problem that it seems I can only allow single IP adresses to send faxes, like 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.3 and so on - but I would like to specifiy a range or something like that, e.g. 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.10 or 192.168.1.*

5. andyshawn

I had the same issue and what i had to do was to install hamachi on the elastix server and also on the client machines. So instead of using ISP issued IP address, i used hamachi's IP address in the allowed "Fax Clients" list

6. andyshawn

For my host on the internal LAN, i just added the individual IP addresses. It was pain full, but i will go ahead now and make the request to elastix and see if they will include it in future release.

7. mstroven

I'm still looking for some kind of resolution to this, such as the ability to enter an IP range, or a complete subnet... Any updates?

8. Bob

Bob

I have entered this in as a bug as of a few minutes ago.

The issue is that Palosanto is using the standard IP validation library. Hylafax no longer permits IP ranges with an * on the end. However Hylafax will permit correct regex nomenclature which is

192\.168\.0\.:::
    or
    192\.168\.0\.

Now the Fax Clients GUI writes its entries to this file /var/spool/hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd

So theoretically, you can add these directly to the hosts.hfaxd file. When you go back into the Fax Clients GUI, you will see the line added to the list. So it is only the GUI validation that refuses to allow it.

All you can do is test....if not working look for hosts.hfaxd on Google to confirm the syntax.....

Regards

Bob

9. Bob

Bob

I should just add, if you manually change the hfaxd.conf file, you need to restart Hylafax, or better still go for restart of Elastix.

Regards

Bob

10. mstroven

Awesome! Thank you. I will give this a try right away.

11. lairyaus

I tried both of the formats suggested with no luck. :(

12. alimehrizi

Insert the following lines in the “/var/spool/hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd” file:
    @192.168.0.
    or for all networks:
    *\.*.*
    don't forget to restart hylafax servic.