Click to call !

Discussion in 'General' started by Ichorcom007, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Ichorcom007

Hello ,

I own Ichorcom, you may have seen me on the forms from time to time, I am currently working with the vtiger community in creating a click to call script inside of vtiger for elastix and other communities. I would like some input from the community on the way I am doing it. Since I don't want to have to go through headace of making my own sip phone for vtiger(though java has some very attractive sip libarays I have been playing with) I figure I could simply ask vtiger to make all telephone numbers inside of vtiger links that when clicked could take the users extension(stored in vtiger) call the extension and compleat the call in a similar fashion as the agenda model.

What do you guys think? Let me know I could have the code done in a week. Wanna make sure most people are happy with the process first before I do it. I have already spoken with vtiger and they think it is a good idea. They would like to make sure that this function works with all asterisk distros.

Thanks !

cyberfab007 aka Ichorcom007

2. mihpel

Been looking around for something like that for vtiger but every effort seems to have stopped development for a couple of years at least.

I would be great if you could restore this functionality on vtiger.

3. Ichorcom007

I have found a short and sweet solution for this. When Installing the Unified Communications System at my customers locations if they want the click to call capibilty inside vtiger or any other apllicaiton I make the install Bria. it works quite nicley in
    that effort.