clarrification on setup of Avantfax

cowboy47

Well, this may be pure laziness on my part, but I was hoping someone could clarrify some items for me.

I have Avantfax 3.1.0 installed on my system but I am a little confused on the routing. All of my US based numbers are sip accounts, my zap lines are local Panamanian numbers.

I have setup the incoming route for one of my US numbers to go directly to the IAX extension that I have defined for the IAX modem. In this case the IAX extension is 6599. So any call coming in on this SIP trunk goes to extension 6599.

On this extension I have fax detection defined as nvfax but I do not see anything coming in.

I have tried to send, just a cover page out through Avantfax but the faxes just stay in the queue and I have tried several dialing variations. In my scenario here, I have 8|. defined as International calls & 9|. as local calls, so I have tried to send faxes with the 8 prefix + 1 + area code + number and I have also just tried with the area code + number.

Nothing seems to go out. Could someone point me to somewhere to resolve this?

Thanks,
C

ramoncio

What do the logs say?
Have a look at the asterisk log
/var/log/asterisk/full
and also to the hylafax logs
/var/spool/hylafax/logs/*

Faxing through voip is not very reliable.
If you need it, look for a device capable of terminating T.38 faxes, and connect it to the elastix box.
Asterisk 1.4 can't be used as T.38 termination, just as passthrough.
I think Asterisk 1.6 can be a T.38 termination. And Callweaver too.

cowboy47

Could I possibly get a copy of your upgrade / install scripts for AvantFax 3.1.2 via email? I seem to have a problem with the post that you made in that the formatting comes out badly and sometimes, for some reason, firefox locks up on that page.

My email is curtis@casa-verde-panama.com

Thanks,

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen