Cisco SPA504G

seaq

Hi i'm trying to provision some Cisco SPA504g without any success

When i run the end point manager scan from web there's no results.

From console i'm running nmap -sP -n xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with these results

MAC Address: 1C:DF:0F:xx:xx:xx (Unknown)

I've already added 1CDF0F to /usr/share/nmap/nmap-mac-prefixes using Linksys, Cisco, Cisco Systems and Sipura Technology

However the end point manager web interface shows nothing

Any help is welcome.

We are using elastix V2 64 bits.

fmvillares

elastix endpoint manager sucks and its not mantained.. the only one that workd is colsolgrp endpont manager for freepbx 2.8 and 2.9 try that workd like a charm

cupid1305

hi,

endpoint configurator don't find my phone and i don't understand why.
I want to use colsolgrp but doesn't work in my elastix , perhaps it's why i don't have the latest version of freepbx , how can i update my freepbx ?

Thanks . I have configurated endpoint configurator for grandstream and yealink and aastra too . if anyone is interrested ? ;)

fmvillares

Re: Re:Cisco SPA504G

what version of elastix do you have colsolgrp waorks in all freepbx 2.7+ versions...if you have elastix 1.6 forget about autoprovsioing phones

cupid1305

I have freePbx 2.7 but i have a lot of problem with its endpoint manager , i have solved the probleme with the module endpoint of elastix . :)

The module can't show the cisco IP phone because the module doesn't have it in its DB .

Follow this instructions :
* Connect in ssh to the server Elastix( with putty by example)
* go /var/www/db
* now u need to verify the id of the vendor linksys (cisco work with linksys)

> sqlite3 endpoint.db "select * from vendor";

get the id and now u will add the new model
> sqlite3 endpoint.db "insert into model(id,name,description,id_vendor) values (55,'SPA504','SPA504',4);"

55 is the last+1 model in my table model
for know this ,

> sqlite3 endpoint.db "select * from model";

4 is the id of the vendor linksys

ok now u will add the mac address of your phone , to get it , use the phone et go to setup ->product info and take the 6 first numbers .

and add it to your table mac of the endpoint.db

sqlite3 endpoint.db "insert into mac(id_vendor,value,description) values (4,'E0:5F:B9','Lynksys');"

4 is the id of linksys vendor

now go on the endpoint manager and normally now u see your ip phone :woohoo:
Configure it and set it and it give the configuration to the ip phone :side:

AND ... You have a cisco SPA504G operationnal B)

PS: Sorry for my bad english , i'm Belgian and i just want to help :p

fmvillares

Re: Re:Cisco SPA504G

not only doens not have the phone in db and its mac address range but doens not have the xml code to manage them...u are on your own in ths time...colsolgrp works like a charm!!

Mathiau

glad i found this thread, good to know this is why i am having the same issue!

does elastix 2.03 fix this problem?

wajidsrb

Hey when i was trying to add SPA504G entry by mistake i deleted the endpoint.db

how can i get this file back plz help me

wajidsrb

Hey dear by mistake i have deleted endpoint.db, how can i get this file back plz help me i m so much worried about it

crwdawg

I researched and found that colsolgrp is a dead project. FreePBX is actually starting to integrate EndPoint management into their project, and it has the ability to add newer models as the are released. Hopefully newer versions of Elastix will incorporate the FreePBX version instead of trying to develop a parallel project.

I also wanted to report that Cupid1305's suggestion works perfectly in the interim. One word of caution: Don't assume that you can change the Vendor to Cisco, it will not create the file with the correct name. In my case the following worked:

cd /var/www/db
sqlite3 endpoint.db "insert into model(id,name,description,id_vendor) values (55,'SPA504','SPA504',4);"
sqlite3 endpoint.db "insert into mac(id_vendor,value,description) values (4,'A4:4C:11','Linksys');"

I spent hours and days trying to make the actual firmware and finally went back to this quick fix. The XML stuff would load, but you still couldn't get Elastix to create the files for it correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr