Cisco phones not registering on hosted Elastix

danzitting

Hello all,
We are moving servers out of the office to hosted systems but are having an issue with our Elastix box. We had an internally hosted Elastix 1.6.2 box which we have used for a couple years with Cisco 7942 phones. Always worked great. We went to move to a virtual server instead so we signed up for a Lylix VPS with Elastix. Everything worked fine except that our Cisco phones won't register when we point them at the new VPS. The only thing we changed in the Cisco configuration file was the IP of the internal elastix system to the new VPS. The only thing I can see that has changed on the Elastix side is that Lylix installs the 2.0 version of Elastix, otherwise looks the same as far as I can tell. I have tested with SIP softphones and am able to connect to the new VPS just fine.

I've messed with it for hours with no luck. Any help MUCH appreciated.I have attached the phone config file for reference of the configuration. Thanks.

Dan http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/SEPMAC.txt

dicko

Apparrently, Cisco 79* phones prefer nat=no even if they should, go figure.

danzitting

Not sure I understand dicko. Is there a nat setting I'm missing that I need to add to that file?

dicko

Not to that file, but to those extensions in FreePBX.

There are literally dozens of posts here, use the search box.

danzitting

Sorry for the confusion. It turns I did have to set the extension to nat=no but it still didn't work until I added the following to the phone's config file for sipProfile as well:

<natEnabled>true</natEnabled>
<natAddress>LOCAL_NETWORK_PUBLIC_IP/natAddress>
<voipControlPort>5060</voipControlPort>

Only downside is that of course now no softphones on the network work with those extensions. Guess we will have to live with that. What a pain in the neck these Cisco phones are frankly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen