Cisco Phone 7905 (sip image needed)

Discussion in 'General' started by telecomtechnician, Oct 5, 2008.

1. telecomtechnician

Hi everybody

A year ago I bought through ebay a cisco phone 7905. In that time, my only experience with asterisk was through sofphones. I actually bought three phones through ebay: (cisco 7905, polycom IP501 and linksys sipura 942). With no experience, I tryed to configure the cisco 7905, but when I encountered myself with a dead end, I passed to the linksys and then to the polycom. After a little struggle and learning I could configure both phones. At this moment, the cisco phone is flashing lights every minute like a christmas tree, before, it was wrapped in a bag and thrown inside a box.

The cisco phone never came with the sip image (POS3 something). In the past days, I received a link from this forum where to find the sip FIRMWARE (thank you for that), but as I read in the different cisco guides, I need the sip IMAGE first. At this moment the phone has the skinny (SCCP)image, so I want to convert it to sip and then upgrade the sip firmware.

If anyone can help me, I would aprecciate a lot.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

2. arusnet

Hi, David, I am in similar situation. I can not find the firmaware SIP for the 7905G. Could you please send me the file.. Thank you very much.

Arusnet

PD: hablas español?

3. telecomtechnician

4. arusnet

Muchas gracias David!!, el enlace esta perfecto y ya me baje todos los firms que estaban disponibles.
    Te hago una pregunta, tu cual de los firms utilizaste para tu telefono 7905?
    Gracias por todo de antemano.

Arusnet