Cisco Call Manager 3.3.3 integration

Discussion in 'General' started by DFawcett, Apr 30, 2008.

1. DFawcett

Hi,

I need info on how to route calls to an older Cisco CCM 3.3.3 with Unity 4.1

Both do not support SIP.

Has anyone had successfully got Elastix for route calls to CCM3.3.3 and for Cisco CCM 3.3.3 to Elastix. The School District I work for does not want to upgrade Cisco CCM to 5 which supports SIP.

Any help with config settings set on both machines would be help-full.

2. zooompilot

The only way to connect two non-sip PBX's together is via FXS trunk ports.

The Callmanager will need a voice Gateway with an FXS port. Your Elastix box will also need an FXS port card in the server.

Assuming you already have CCM in place then you already have a gateway which has FXO connectivity to the PSTN but you will need to add an FXS module to it (assuming it doesn't have one) so that it will spek PBX<>PBX.

Incoming PSTN call calls will be routed to CCM as it is now and then you need to add Elastix extensions to the dialplan and those calls must be defined to be routed to your Elastix box via the FXS trunk. You will also need to define the trunk as H.323 (or MGCP) and then integrate both into the dialplan.

So in short, your CCM install speaks to the PSTN via FXO trunk port and your CCM will speak to the Elastix via the FXS trunk port. You will also need to do transcoding between H.323 (CCM) and SIP (Elastix) via a gateway / proxy that supports H.323/SIP signaling.

Unity speaks to CCM so nothing needs to change there from a VM perspective unless you intend to integrate your Elastix extensions with Unity. I don't think Elastix supports that.

At the end of the day, getting the two to talk to each other will be more trouble than its worth.

Hope this helps.

Mike T.
    Principal Consultant
    www.avergent.com<br><br>Post edited by: zooompilot, at: 2008/05/01 06:42