Cisco 7960 and no ring option?

Patrick_elx

hi I'm looking for a way to have a Cisco 7960 SIP to only flash it's led on some incoming call without ringing.

I was thinking about creating a custom ring with no sound, but it seems that Alert_info only works with the few default cisco ring tone.

Is there an hidden Alert_info parameter on this Cisco that would allow either to have no ring or to play with the ring volume?

mattrh

put the cisco ring down to 0 bars and it will only flash. just tried it on my 7940.

Patrick_elx

Yes I know that,
but I want to be able, from the pbx to differentiate some calls. And I want to be able to have a visual_only indication for some type of call, but not for all. If I reduce the volume, it will be for all calls...

If I could have selected a volume or a ring per line, then I could have routed a call to one or the other line on the extension, but that's not possible.

The Alert_Info is supposed to be able to change the ring on the fly, but that does only work with the cisco standard ring, and not the ones that you supply in your ringlist.dat

Polycom accept the visual_only header in Alert_info, I wish Cisco would have been a little be more flexible with their firmware...

mattrh

As far as i know the cisco phones are not very flexible :( and it does suck... but i will keep an eye out for visual and ringer customizable options.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr