Cisco 7941

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by harris7139, Jan 23, 2009.

1. harris7139

Can someone please walk me thru preparing elastix and configuring my Cisco 7941 phone? Right now all the phone is doing is getting an address, showing me the cisco splash screen with the double circle in the bottom left and restarting. I believe I need to load the SIP firmware on it as well. Any help at all is much appreciated. Thanks!

ben

2. mattrh

Ok lets start

First off download this file: http://asterisk.agmp.org/uploads/EPC.zip

Make a directory backup, and replace / install the new file files. (u can use WinSCP to move the file from a windows environment to ur elastix box)

Log onto your local Elastix server. Press the pbx tab, then click on Endpoint Configuration. Scan ur network I.E. 192.168.0.0/24

If ur handset comes up then just click on the model and then User Extension and then check the set box then press set.

If u have any trouble let me know

3. haywoodcox

Hi

I have few Cisco 7942 phone and need to install to Elastix.
    I downloaded that EPC.zip but there are few subfolders, where location I should copy to Elastix?

I have also downloaded the WinSCP, but what is the ftp password for Elastix?

My Cisco phone is worked with the Asterisk 1.4 (without GUI) environment. Is that need special config files to work with Elastix?

4. haywoodcox

And I just do a endpoint scan, one IP phone it can detect but there is no Cisco 7942 to choose.
    The other ip phone, it cannot detect. Where should I add the mac address and add the type 7942? Thanks.

5. miclaines17

miclaines17 Guest

6. haywoodcox

Thanks.
    I put the EPC.zip in root folder. It can detect my 7942 phone but there is no 7941 or 7942 to choose.

Could you advice how can I detect and edit 7942 on Elastix. Thanks.

7. rejil.rajan

Choose the 7940 model and give it a try and select the correspoding extension. Configure the IP Phone TFTP server to your Elastix Server and reboot the phone and see if the configuration is picked up by the Cisco Phone