Cisco 7921G + SCCP

Discussion in 'General' started by fdiogo, Aug 30, 2009.

1. fdiogo

hi all,

i have buy a Cisco 7921G Wireless Phone. I know that it only works with SCCP, but i can't make it work.

i have install sccp_b and if i make "telnet (elastix ip) 2000" it responds, so i guess sccp is working.

to eliminate Wireless problems i have tried with Cisco 7911G but i can't make it register. i can see that it get the file SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml from /tftboot but it stop and nothing happens.

any ideas????

Diogo

2. danardf

I don't know why but there's the chan-skinny into the server.!
    Why can't use this channel?

Simple question ... :huh:

3. fdiogo

Hi!

Good question!!!!:laugh: maybe because in the forums always talk in using sccp_b...

to chan_skinny what i need to do???? can you help me???

i have change in /etc/asterisk/modules.conf to unload SCCP_b and to load chan_skinny....

what is the next step???

thanks for your help!!!

Diogo

4. danardf

I have never used the chan skinny, but if I make show channeltypes from CLI mode, there's :
    Code:
    CLI> show channeltypes
    Type        Description                              Devicestate  Indications  Transfer
    ----------  -----------                              -----------  -----------  --------
    Local       Local Proxy Channel Driver               yes          yes          no
    MGCP        Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)    yes          yes          no
    Skinny      Skinny Client Control Protocol (Skinny)  no           yes          no
    Phone       Standard Linux Telephony API Driver      no           yes          no
    Agent       Call Agent Proxy Channel                 yes          yes          no
    SIP         Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)        yes          yes          yes
    IAX2        Inter Asterisk eXchange Driver (Ver 2)   yes          yes          yes
    ----------
    7 channel drivers registered.
    So the skinny channel is already installed!

It seems that the skinny chanel it's the same (+/-) than the sccp channel.

Any devices cisco need some config files as: SEPxxxxxx.cnf.xml, and other binary firmware and loader ... that's all.

There's lots of config examples for SEPxxxx.cnf.xlm config file on the web.

5. fdiogo

i have execute show channeltypes in CLI i get "Skinny" "Devicestate=no".. strange because in modules i have load...

in asterisk full log i get "chan_skinny.c: Failed to bind to 192.168.1.5:2000: Address already in use"

when i make "telnet (elastix ip) 2000" i get:

Connected to 192.168.1.5 (192.168.1.5).
    Escape character is '^]'.
    "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.3.7-Invoca-RPM-2.3.7-2.el5_3.2"
    "SASL" "PLAIN"
    "SIEVE" "comparator-i;ascii-numeric fileinto reject vacation imapflags notify envelope relational regex subaddress copy"
    "STARTTLS"
    OK

So i guess that is not Skinny who is using 2000 port but Cyrus..... my question is how i change Cyrus port and do i really need this Cyrus?????

i need that port to Cisco!!!! :dry:

Thanks all..

P.S. sorry for my English.... :blink:

6. danardf

No...Device is not a module.
    I seems that Device is Cisco phone.
    Maybe normal if you don't have phone connected. Or maybe this module can't permit to read the phone status?!

Why connect you on Elastix server by the port #2000?

If your Elastix server is 192.168.1.5, maybe you have a loop.... (do you have sccp.conf - Remember; reload asterisk after any change)

Verify your skinny config file.

sample:
    Code:
    ;
    ; Skinny Configuration for Asterisk
    ;
    [general]
    bindaddr=0.0.0.0        ; Address to bind to
    bindport=2000           ; Port to bind to, default tcp/2000
    dateformat=M-D-Y        ; M,D,Y in any order (6 chars max)
                            ; "A" may also be used, but it must be at the end.
                            ; Use M for month, D for day, Y for year, A for 12-hour time.
    keepalive=120

;allow=all              ; see doc/rtp-packetization for framing options
    ;disallow=

;------------------------------ JITTER BUFFER CONFIGURATION --------------------------
    ;jbenable = yes              ; Enables the use of a jitterbuffer on the receiving side of a
                                 ; skinny channel. Defaults to "no". An enabled jitterbuffer will
                                 ; be used only if the sending side can create and the receiving
                                 ; side can not accept jitter. The skinny channel can accept
                                 ; jitter, thus a jitterbuffer on the receive skinny side will be
                                 ; used only if it is forced and enabled.

;jbforce = no                ; Forces the use of a jitterbuffer on the receive side of a skinny
                                 ; channel. Defaults to "no".

;jbmaxsize = 200             ; Max length of the jitterbuffer in milliseconds.

;jbresyncthreshold = 1000    ; Jump in the frame timestamps over which the jitterbuffer is
                                 ; resynchronized. Useful to improve the quality of the voice, with
                                 ; big jumps in/broken timestamps, usually sent from exotic devices
                                 ; and programs. Defaults to 1000.

;jbimpl = fixed              ; Jitterbuffer implementation, used on the receiving side of a
                                 ; skinny channel. Two implementations are currently available
                                 ; - "fixed" (with size always equals to jbmaxsize)
                                 ; - "adaptive" (with variable size, actually the new jb of IAX2).
                                 ; Defaults to fixed.

;jblog = no                  ; Enables jitterbuffer frame logging. Defaults to "no".
    ;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;----------------------------------- DEVICE OPTIONS --------------------------------
    ;earlyrtp=1                  ; whether audio signalling should be provided by asterisk
                                 ; (earlyrtp=1) or device generated (earlyrtp=0).
                                 ; defaults to earlyrtp=1
    ;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Typical config for 12SP+
    ;[florian]
    ;device=SEP00D0BA847E6B
    ;version=P002G204       ; Thanks critch
    ;context=did
    ;line => 120            ; Dial(Skinny/120@florian)

; Typical config for a 7910
    ;[duba]                 ; Device name
    ;device=SEP0007EB463101 ; Official identifier
    ;version=P002F202       ; Firmware version identifier
    ;host=192.168.1.144
    ;permit=192.168.0/24    ; Optional, used for authentication
    ;nat=yes
    ;callerid="George W. Bush" <202-456-1414>
    ;mailbox=500
    ;callwaiting=yes
    ;transfer=yes
    ;threewaycalling=yes
    ;context=default
    ;line => 500            ; Dial(Skinny/500@duba)
    ;mohinterpret=default   ; This option specifies a default music on hold class to
                            ; use when put on hold if the channel's moh class was not
                            ; explicitly set with Set(CHANNEL(musicclass)=whatever) and
                            ; the peer channel did not suggest a class to use.
    ;mohsuggest=default     ; This option specifies which music on hold class to suggest to the peer channel
                            ; when this channel places the peer on hold. It may be specified globally or on
                            ; a per-user or per-peer basis.

; Typical config for a 7940 with dual 7914s
    ;[support]
    ;device=SEP0007EB463121
    ;nat=yes
    ;callerid="Customer Support" <810-234-1212>
    ;mailbox=100
    ;context=inbound
    ;linelabel="Support Line"       ; Displays next to the line
                                    ; button on 7940's and 7960s
    ;line => 100
    ;callerid="John Chambers" <408-526-4000>
    ;context=did
    ;linelabel="John"
    ;mailbox=110
    ;line => 110
    ;speeddial => 111,Jack Smith
    ;speeddial => 112,Bob Peterson
    ;addon => 7914
    ;addon => 7914

7. fdiogo

i have comment the line in /etc/cyrus.conf

# sieve cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

and now i can at least see the phones trying to register in CLI....

Cyrus was using the port 2000 that's why SCCP or Skinnt was unable to connect to asterisk..... ( i don't know why a mail server needs port 2000.... )

now i can register the phones!!!!!

Thanks danardf.

by the way anyone knows the diferents for skinny and sccp_b????

Regards

Diogo

8. danardf

It's a good news Diogo! :)

Now, to answer at your question. I don't know exactly what's difference between the skinny and the sccp channel. But I know that the skinny channel is the original driver from Asterisk, and the other are some alternate drivers.

Regards

Franck