Cisco 504G - Not registering on end point.

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by gabi_cavaller, Apr 14, 2011.

1. gabi_cavaller

Hi,

I am messing around with Estalix seeing how it could be used in our company instead of the Samsung pbx we have.

Elastix is running well, no problems.

I can use it to pick up my Linksys SPA942's no problem, straight away with no tweaks.

Can't get them anymore so I bought the Cisco 504G's to play around.

The 504G's are not being picked up by the End Point Configurator, default settings, they all appear to be the same as the Linksys.

Apologies if this is very basic, I just can't grasp what is different.

NAT is turned on.

Many thanks in advanced.

Gabi.

2. gabi_cavaller

Can I just say that colsolgrp doesn't pick up the phone either.

:(

3. gabi_cavaller

Ok, seems like I am closer.

Basically, the model definitions and MAC address lists on the Endpoint Configurator are rather old as stated beforehand.

I am able to add phones manually through the SQL database directly through the CentOs console. The issue with this is that it's not tidy, and simply just stays on the page which is very annoying, because if you take the phone off the network, it will still display.

The second option is to go directly through FreePBX with these steps;

1) download and install [​IMG] module through module admin

2) go to "End Point Advanced Seetings", click on "Manual Endpoint Modules upload" then download files from http://www.provisioner.net/releases3 save the required models that you need for the phone system to pick up to your desktop and upload.

3)go to OUI Manager (same section in advanced settings) and put in the first 6 digits of the MAC address for the phone model/type, select the model and click on add.

4)Click on End Point Device List and do a new scan on your subnet mask, hopefully, it should be picking up your phones now.

The only problem is, I don't know how to do this in the Elastix Endpoint configurator :( if anyone can help, that would be great.

I'll carry on playing around, if I find a solution, will post it on here.

Thanks for reading (if you have) and hopefully, this might help someone else out.

G.

4. shadowfax202