CID name prefix cannot pass through the IAX trunk

Discussion in 'General' started by haywoodcox, Jul 13, 2010.

1. haywoodcox

Hi all,

I am using Elastix 1.6. I have setup some hotlines and it will hunt to a ring group in the incoming route. I setup CID name prefix (e.g. AAA) in the incoming route.

However, when the call from PSTN come in, on the local SIP phone, the phone display could show the CID name (AAA), but when the call pass to through the IAX trunks to another location SIP phones, it would show the originating caller number (e.g. 5557722).

How could I make the IAX sip phone also show the CID name display that I defined in Elastix? That is the SetCIDName could pass through to the IAX trunk?

Many thanks.

2. dicko

You might try setting the route that passes it to the IAX2 trunk as an "Intra Company Route"

3. haywoodcox

Dicko,

Thanks, but where could I set "Intra Company Route" in Elastix, could you show me the steps?

4. dicko

I would look at the page of the outbound route I assume you set up to send calls to the other server, I would then carefully read the whole page and having found the "Intra Company Route" check-box and after reading the "hover over" help, I might be tempted to try it. ;)

5. haywoodcox

Hi Dicko,

Need to thanks you again and again. The CID work great now after check the "Intra Company Route"!!!!

6. mehraz

its not working for me....it doesn't transfer cid to my 2nd server ...

7. dicko

I'm sorry but I have no other answer, it works for me, and apparently others :) do you actually have callerID functional on the first box?