chopped voice,

Discussion in 'General' started by dcondense, Aug 11, 2010.

1. dcondense

set up elastix, transfer the call to my cell, but, the sound is chopped. when use my voip account to call my cell directly, the sound is good.

is there any configuration i need to do to make a decent sound?
    what is the minimum system requirement for elastix? is that problem caused by a out of date hardware? when there is call,i checked the CPU USAGE and memory, 3% and 40% respectively.

or there is something else to resolve this?

thanks.

2. dingoland

Hi,

For your problem, it can be done by the hardware if the codec you used for your call transfert needs compression as gsm, g729 or g723.
    If the hardware is not enough powered, you can have a distortion in the voice and a bad quality.

If you have a good bandwith, use less powered codec as g711ulaw or alaw for your call transfert.

Regards

3. dcondense

thanks digoland!

i actually turn off laptop last night, and power on this morning, that problem just gone, when i had that problem, that laptop has been running for 4-5 days. will that cause the problem, not sure, will continue to observe.

your guys have a nice day!

4. jee

jee

hi, m facing same issue that chopped voice issue resolved after restarting the server. hv u got any permanent solution ?

5. jgutierrez