CHEAP VOIP SERVER

Discussion in 'General' started by Noob, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Noob

Hi all

I wanna know of any products that will help me sort out my problem?

I wanna have 2 phones connected to each other VoIP phone/normal phone but they must be able to blind & attended transfer/call each other and hold
    only problem is a don't wanna use VoIP/internet connection I wanna use normal analogue as I run a small practice and cost are low but I need the the features on my phones.

Regards
    noob:(

2. dicko

Then a couple of Linksys 3102 will do that all for you, each one has one FXS for connecting to an analog phone and one FXO for connecting to a PSTN phone line. All the programming can be done in the Linksys boxes. You can connect them together with a "cross-over cable" and then won't even need a LAN. Or even more minimalist how about a couple of two line phones?

dicko

3. Noob

Thanks Dicko

ok so how would it work as the linksys 3102 has one lan port and one pstn jack so in other words i will need 3x 3102 to connect two phones
    if you could can you show me a diagram of a basic installation with two pstn phones.

regards
    noob

4. Noob

5. dicko

Not probably talking about, but definitely:

. . .Then a couple of Linksys 3102 will do that all for you, each one has one FXS for connecting to an analog phone and one FXO for connecting to a PSTN phone line. . . .

so in your case:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

see two phon3es, two PSTN lines . . .