Cheap, hassle free FXO/FXS card(s) for Elastix

jandir

I am a newbie to Elastix/Asterisk. I am just doing this as a hobby for my home telephone system and needed some recommendations on a cheap and hassle free FXO/FXS cards for Esalstx that do not need any special debugging to install and use.

I need about one FXO port and 2 - 3 FXS ports and am open to the cards with ports that ca be configured either as FXS or FXO ports. My budget is around $150 for the card(s).

Let me know if more details are needed regarding my setup or hardware.

Thank you

MageMinds

I suggest you get a cheap PCI X100P (FXO) on ebay and get two linksys ATA for the FXS that will give you 4 FXS ports to play with, you will be within budget and it's perfect for home use. FXS PCI cards cost a lot of money, it's better to get ATA to do the job, since Vonage and other VoIP provider uses them their price drop accordingly...

When you purchase the Linksys ATA make sure they are unlocked, those ATA can be provider locked, so make you you don't buy a locked brick.

MageMinds

jandir

Thank you. I do have a couple of Sunrocket ATAs that I have unlocked and configured just enough to be able to work with Elastix. I am still working on the more advanced stuff. I will fish around on ebay for a cheap FXO card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti